Mental health board taps Jim Herzog, Sampat Shivangi
Dr. Jim Herzog of Jackson is the new chairman of the Mississippi Board of Mental Health. Herzog is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Jackson. He received a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Creighton University and a master’s and doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Mississippi. He performed his internship in the Air Force at Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Upon completion of this, Herzog returned to Mississippi where he served as staff psychologist at Keesler Untied States Air Force Medical Center in Biloxi for three years. After leaving the Air Force, he moved to Jackson and was employed as the staff clinical psychologist at the Jackson Mental Health Center.
Currently, his practice involves consultation with the Region 8 Mental Health Services and the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation/Disability Services as well as providing individual therapy and assessment with adults, adolescents, and children.
Also, Sampat Shivangi, M.D., of Ridgeland was named vice chairman of the Board of Mental Health. Shivangi serves on the board representing medical doctors. From 2005-2008, he served as the advisor to the U.S. secretary of health and human services. He is the past president-elect of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin. He is the founding president of the American Association of Physicians of Indian origin in Mississippi and is the past president and chair of the India Association of Mississippi.
Shivangi is the president and CEO of US Info Systems of Mississippi. He previously served on the Mississippi State Board of Health. He also served as a house delegate in American Medical Association Chicago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts