Mental health board taps Jim Herzog, Sampat Shivangi
Dr. Jim Herzog of Jackson is the new chairman of the Mississippi Board of Mental Health. Herzog is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Jackson. He received a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Creighton University and a master’s and doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Mississippi. He performed his internship in the Air Force at Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Upon completion of this, Herzog returned to Mississippi where he served as staff psychologist at Keesler Untied States Air Force Medical Center in Biloxi for three years. After leaving the Air Force, he moved to Jackson and was employed as the staff clinical psychologist at the Jackson Mental Health Center.
Currently, his practice involves consultation with the Region 8 Mental Health Services and the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation/Disability Services as well as providing individual therapy and assessment with adults, adolescents, and children.
Also, Sampat Shivangi, M.D., of Ridgeland was named vice chairman of the Board of Mental Health. Shivangi serves on the board representing medical doctors. From 2005-2008, he served as the advisor to the U.S. secretary of health and human services. He is the past president-elect of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin. He is the founding president of the American Association of Physicians of Indian origin in Mississippi and is the past president and chair of the India Association of Mississippi.
Shivangi is the president and CEO of US Info Systems of Mississippi. He previously served on the Mississippi State Board of Health. He also served as a house delegate in American Medical Association Chicago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders