Deborah Elmore named Teach for America VP
Teach For America has appointed Deborah Elmore as the vice president of teacher leadership development in the Mississippi region. Elmore has 36 years of experience teaching and leading schools and school improvement in Mississippi and Florida. She started her work in education in 1977 in Tupelo, where she taught for 13 years at the elementary level, then served as an elementary principal for seven years. She subsequently taught middle school in Florida and served in administrative leadership roles at the middle- and high-school level for nine years before becoming a high school principal.
Elmore returned to Mississippi in 2008, serving most recently as assistant vice president and director of operations with the JBHM Education Group, an education consulting firm in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete