Medical practices sign on with Century Club Charities for PGA event
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 12,2013
Tags: Capital Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center, Golf, golf tournament, Greg Wood, health, health care, Jackson Eye Associates, Jackson Heart Clinic, Kathryn Satcher, marketing, medical, medicine, NewSouth NeuroSpine, PGA, professional golf, public relations, Sanderson Farms Championship, sports
MADISON — Four Mississippi specialty medical practices, NewSouth NeuroSpine, Jackson Heart Clinic, Capital Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center and Jackson Eye Associates, have signed an agreement with Century Club Charities Inc., to become participating sponsors of the Sanderson Farms Championship.
“We are extremely grateful to these leading medical specialty groups for their continued support of this longstanding community event that promotes the great state of Mississippi to the world,” said Kathryn Satcher, Sanderson Farms Championship tournament director.
Satcher said the medical groups’ participation will extend well beyond financial support, as they plan to use this event as a platform to educate Mississippians on how leading a healthier lifestyle will enhance their overall quality of life. The four groups will staff a “Health Matters” pavilion at the tournament’s main entrance during the week of the tournament, and each day offer heart, neck and spine, orthopaedic and vision-related health information to visitors. Visitors will also receive assorted giveaway items and may enter daily drawings to win golf-related prizes.
“We will use this opportunity to promote healthy practices at what is billed as Mississippi’s largest sporting event,” said Dr. Greg Wood of NewSouth NeuroSpine in Flowood
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014