Millsaps College taps John Sewell
Millsaps College has named John Sewell director of communications and marketing. A Jackson native and longtime resident, Sewell graduated from Millsaps in 1988 with a BA in history. For the past 10 years, Sewell directed corporate communications at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.
He has been active in the Jackson community, serving on the boards of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, the American Red Cross and the Fondren Renaissance Foundation.
Upon graduating from Millsaps, Sewell worked in government posts in Washington, D.C., and at the state level. Later in his career, Sewell served as director of development and president of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, and remains passionate about the arts.
He and his wife, Kim, live in Fondren with their three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending