Millsaps College taps John Sewell
Millsaps College has named John Sewell director of communications and marketing. A Jackson native and longtime resident, Sewell graduated from Millsaps in 1988 with a BA in history. For the past 10 years, Sewell directed corporate communications at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.
He has been active in the Jackson community, serving on the boards of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, the American Red Cross and the Fondren Renaissance Foundation.
Upon graduating from Millsaps, Sewell worked in government posts in Washington, D.C., and at the state level. Later in his career, Sewell served as director of development and president of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, and remains passionate about the arts.
He and his wife, Kim, live in Fondren with their three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet