Millsaps College taps John Sewell
Millsaps College has named John Sewell director of communications and marketing. A Jackson native and longtime resident, Sewell graduated from Millsaps in 1988 with a BA in history. For the past 10 years, Sewell directed corporate communications at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.
He has been active in the Jackson community, serving on the boards of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, the American Red Cross and the Fondren Renaissance Foundation.
Upon graduating from Millsaps, Sewell worked in government posts in Washington, D.C., and at the state level. Later in his career, Sewell served as director of development and president of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, and remains passionate about the arts.
He and his wife, Kim, live in Fondren with their three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month