Michelle Sekul named interim VP at MGCCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 12,2013
Michelle Sekul has been named interim vice president of institutional advancement and student services at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Formerly dean of student services at the Perkinston Campus, her new role at the college encompasses alumni, foundation, institutional relations and student services.
A 1992 alumna of the Perkinston Campus, Sekul has worked at the college for 17 years in various capacities, including college recruiter, student activities coordinator at the Jackson County Campus and director of admission and records at the Perkinston Campus.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern Mississippi. Her master’s degree, also earned at USM, is in higher education administration. She is currently working on a doctorate in community college leadership at Mississippi State University.
Sekul is the daughter of former MGCCC football coach George Sekul and his wife, Diane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren