Michelle Sekul named interim VP at MGCCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 12,2013
Michelle Sekul has been named interim vice president of institutional advancement and student services at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Formerly dean of student services at the Perkinston Campus, her new role at the college encompasses alumni, foundation, institutional relations and student services.
A 1992 alumna of the Perkinston Campus, Sekul has worked at the college for 17 years in various capacities, including college recruiter, student activities coordinator at the Jackson County Campus and director of admission and records at the Perkinston Campus.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern Mississippi. Her master’s degree, also earned at USM, is in higher education administration. She is currently working on a doctorate in community college leadership at Mississippi State University.
Sekul is the daughter of former MGCCC football coach George Sekul and his wife, Diane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey