Michelle Sekul named interim VP at MGCCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 12,2013
Michelle Sekul has been named interim vice president of institutional advancement and student services at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Formerly dean of student services at the Perkinston Campus, her new role at the college encompasses alumni, foundation, institutional relations and student services.
A 1992 alumna of the Perkinston Campus, Sekul has worked at the college for 17 years in various capacities, including college recruiter, student activities coordinator at the Jackson County Campus and director of admission and records at the Perkinston Campus.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern Mississippi. Her master’s degree, also earned at USM, is in higher education administration. She is currently working on a doctorate in community college leadership at Mississippi State University.
Sekul is the daughter of former MGCCC football coach George Sekul and his wife, Diane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs