Michelle Sekul named interim VP at MGCCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 12,2013
Michelle Sekul has been named interim vice president of institutional advancement and student services at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Formerly dean of student services at the Perkinston Campus, her new role at the college encompasses alumni, foundation, institutional relations and student services.
A 1992 alumna of the Perkinston Campus, Sekul has worked at the college for 17 years in various capacities, including college recruiter, student activities coordinator at the Jackson County Campus and director of admission and records at the Perkinston Campus.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern Mississippi. Her master’s degree, also earned at USM, is in higher education administration. She is currently working on a doctorate in community college leadership at Mississippi State University.
Sekul is the daughter of former MGCCC football coach George Sekul and his wife, Diane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level