Michelle Sekul named interim VP at MGCCC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 12,2013
Michelle Sekul has been named interim vice president of institutional advancement and student services at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Formerly dean of student services at the Perkinston Campus, her new role at the college encompasses alumni, foundation, institutional relations and student services.
A 1992 alumna of the Perkinston Campus, Sekul has worked at the college for 17 years in various capacities, including college recruiter, student activities coordinator at the Jackson County Campus and director of admission and records at the Perkinston Campus.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Southern Mississippi. Her master’s degree, also earned at USM, is in higher education administration. She is currently working on a doctorate in community college leadership at Mississippi State University.
Sekul is the daughter of former MGCCC football coach George Sekul and his wife, Diane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects