Agency receives 20 bids for recreational fishing boats
Published: July 16,2013
Tags: auction, bid, Bill Walker, boat, Department of Marine Resources, fishing boat, marine, Melissa Scallan, misappropriation, Mississippi Marine Resources Foundation, recreation, recreational, research, state agency
BILOXI — The Department of Marine Resources has received 20 bids for two recreational fishing boats it wants to sell.
Spokeswoman Melissa Scallan tells The Sun Herald the bids will be open today at the Commission on Marine Resources meeting in Biloxi. Scallan says officials will review the bids for about a week and could sell the boats as early as next week.
The DMR received the boats from a foundation started by former executive director Bill Walker. DMR leased the boats from the Mississippi Marine Resources Foundation for several years and spent more than $1.4 million for equipment and repairs on the boats, the 42-foot Californian and the 36-foot Topaz.
A lot of the equipment — all of the electronics — has been removed from the boats.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring