Atmos Energy gets approval to buy natural gas system
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2013
ARTESIA — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley has signed an order approving the sale and transfer of the Town of Artesia’s natural gas system to Atmos Energy Corporation.
Terms were not disclosed.
According to a press release from Presley’s office, the Mississippi Public Service Commission action will result in a 49 percent rate reduction for residents of the Lowndes County town. A typical Artesia residential customer will see their bill drop from $35.65 monthly to $18.16 while commercial customers’ bills will drop from $111.15 to $46.58. Large users of natural gas will also see a reduction from a typical $452.61 to $336.01.
“Anytime you can cut customers’ rates, you need to do it. This is a win-win situation for the Town of Artesia, its residents and Atmos Energy.” Presley said.
Atmos Energy was expected to begin various testing and operational procedures in the Town of Artesia yesterday.
The Artesia natural gas system has 60 customers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county