Atmos Energy gets approval to buy natural gas system
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2013
ARTESIA — Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley has signed an order approving the sale and transfer of the Town of Artesia’s natural gas system to Atmos Energy Corporation.
Terms were not disclosed.
According to a press release from Presley’s office, the Mississippi Public Service Commission action will result in a 49 percent rate reduction for residents of the Lowndes County town. A typical Artesia residential customer will see their bill drop from $35.65 monthly to $18.16 while commercial customers’ bills will drop from $111.15 to $46.58. Large users of natural gas will also see a reduction from a typical $452.61 to $336.01.
“Anytime you can cut customers’ rates, you need to do it. This is a win-win situation for the Town of Artesia, its residents and Atmos Energy.” Presley said.
Atmos Energy was expected to begin various testing and operational procedures in the Town of Artesia yesterday.
The Artesia natural gas system has 60 customers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion