DMR boats go for more than $120K; valued at $630K
Published: July 16,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources received 26 bids for two recreational fishing boats it wants to sell.
The bids were opened today. The high bid for the 42-foot Californian was $86,600; the high big for the 36-foot Topaz was $38,614.
Officials will review the bids for about a week and could sell the boats as early as next week.
The DMR received the boats from a foundation started by former executive director Bill Walker. DMR leased the boats from the Mississippi Marine Resources Foundation for several years and spent more than $1.4 million for equipment and repairs on the boats.
A lot of the equipment — all of the electronics — has been removed from the boats.
The boats were valued at $350,000 and $280,000 for insurance purposes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season