DMR boats go for more than $120K; valued at $630K
Published: July 16,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources received 26 bids for two recreational fishing boats it wants to sell.
The bids were opened today. The high bid for the 42-foot Californian was $86,600; the high big for the 36-foot Topaz was $38,614.
Officials will review the bids for about a week and could sell the boats as early as next week.
The DMR received the boats from a foundation started by former executive director Bill Walker. DMR leased the boats from the Mississippi Marine Resources Foundation for several years and spent more than $1.4 million for equipment and repairs on the boats.
A lot of the equipment — all of the electronics — has been removed from the boats.
The boats were valued at $350,000 and $280,000 for insurance purposes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued