DMR boats go for more than $120K; valued at $630K
Published: July 16,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources received 26 bids for two recreational fishing boats it wants to sell.
The bids were opened today. The high bid for the 42-foot Californian was $86,600; the high big for the 36-foot Topaz was $38,614.
Officials will review the bids for about a week and could sell the boats as early as next week.
The DMR received the boats from a foundation started by former executive director Bill Walker. DMR leased the boats from the Mississippi Marine Resources Foundation for several years and spent more than $1.4 million for equipment and repairs on the boats.
A lot of the equipment — all of the electronics — has been removed from the boats.
The boats were valued at $350,000 and $280,000 for insurance purposes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions