City gets royalty payment from oil well
by Associated Press
Published: July 17,2013
Tags: butch brown, city, city government, city of Natchez, crude oil, DRAYCO Exploration, energy, fuel, gas, gasoline, Joyce Arceneaux-Mathis, municipal, municipality, natural gas, Oil, oil well, royalty
NATCHEZ — The City of Natchez has received $76,500 for its share of royalties from an oil well.
Mayor Butch Brown tells the Natchez Democrat the check covers a period from December through May.
Alderwoman Joyce Arceneaux-Mathis, in whose ward the well sits, wants aldermen to have a finance committee meeting to determine if the money should be set aside for a particular use.
The city is expected to receive monthly royalty payments from the well. The recent check was payment for the first six months of the well and was delayed until a division order was finalized.
A division order tells an oil company how to pay the well’s royalty owners by listing each owner of an interest in production and that owner’s share of the production revenue.
The oil well was drilled by DRAYCO Exploration and was approved by the city in November 2011. Arceneaux-Mathis told aldermen in October 2012 that the well had struck oil.
The city owns three-sixteenths of the well. Officials had estimated that it will receive about $30,000 a month from the well.
Brown said the well’s operators have slowed output of the well in an effort to make its production period longer.
Brown said the city will likely receive about $12,000-$15,000 monthly from the well.
He said final details are being worked to drill a second well at the site.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City gets royalty payment from oil well”
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal