Construction to begin on new hurricane evacuation route
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2013
Tags: construction, contracto, contractor, evacuation, Hancock County, highway, Highway 607, hurricane, infrastructure, Interstate 59, Mississippi Department of Transportation, road, roadbuilder, roadbuilding, state agency, TCB Construction Company, Texas Flat Road, traffic, transportation, travel, Weather
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon begin work on a comprehensive highway project involving construction of roadway along Highway 607 in Hancock County, creating an additional hurricane evacuation route for local residents.
The project was awarded to TCB Construction Company of Poplarville for $15.2 million.
Crews will build two new southbound lanes on Highway 607 from Texas Flat Road to Interstate 59. The project also involves work to transform existing highway into two northbound lanes. Work will include the removal and reconstruction of existing bridges.
Once the project is completed, the region will have its first four-lane north to south corridor in Hancock County, allowing hurricane evacuation to Interstate 59.
The project is scheduled for completion in August 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions