Construction to begin on new hurricane evacuation route
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2013
Tags: construction, contracto, contractor, evacuation, Hancock County, highway, Highway 607, hurricane, infrastructure, Interstate 59, Mississippi Department of Transportation, road, roadbuilder, roadbuilding, state agency, TCB Construction Company, Texas Flat Road, traffic, transportation, travel, Weather
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon begin work on a comprehensive highway project involving construction of roadway along Highway 607 in Hancock County, creating an additional hurricane evacuation route for local residents.
The project was awarded to TCB Construction Company of Poplarville for $15.2 million.
Crews will build two new southbound lanes on Highway 607 from Texas Flat Road to Interstate 59. The project also involves work to transform existing highway into two northbound lanes. Work will include the removal and reconstruction of existing bridges.
Once the project is completed, the region will have its first four-lane north to south corridor in Hancock County, allowing hurricane evacuation to Interstate 59.
The project is scheduled for completion in August 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast