State trucking association elects Patrick McCabe
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2013
Patrick McCabe, CEO of Evergreen Industries in Liberty, has been elected chairman of the board of directors of the Mississippi Trucking Association. A native of Amite County, McCabe grew up working on a beef cattle and row crop farm. He attended Southwest Mississippi Community College and Southeastern Louisiana University where he played football. After completing his football eligibility, he transferred to Mississippi State University, where he completed his BS degree in forest resources.
After college he worked in the timber industry for 123 years before going back into the family trucking business, EverGreen Industries, which at the time, consisted of mainly chip hauling and a small amount of local flatbed hauling. When he joined his father in 1998, they decided to grow the flatbed business and started with their first OTR truck soon thereafter. In the beginning of Patrick’s employment at Evergreen, he held a variety of positions including dispatcher, maintenance supervisor, safety manager, payroll and was on call every night with breakdowns and other problems. When Patrick’s father retired from the business a few years ago, McCabe took over the family business, which had grown immensely.
McCabe resides in Liberty with his daughter, Kalin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts