KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Wil Crawford
Name: Wil Crawford
Title: Audit Manager
Wil Crawford’s childhood days in Holly Bluff in rural Yazoo County were filled with toy tractors and Legos. “I wanted to be either a farmer or in construction,” Crawford says.
Crawford’s first job as a bank clerk in Yazoo City put him on the path to a career in the financial industry. As an audit manager for BKD, Crawford focuses on financial and compliance audits for state and local government organizations and for non-profits.
With a passion for people and staying up to date in an evolving industry, Crawford also stays involved with on-campus recruiting and learning and development at BKD.
“With Baby Boomers making up such a large percentage of CPAs, the sky is the limit for the next generation,” Crawford says. “Cloud computing and other innovations are paving the way for expanded services in the accounting industry.”
Crawford earned a bachelor and master of accountancy from Mississippi State University and has served as president of the Mississippi Young CPA Network and a committee vice-chair with the Mississippi Society of CPAs.
Crawford also enjoys watching MSU athletics and has served as treasurer of the Central Mississippi MSU alumni chapter. He lives with his wife and two dogs in Jackson.
“If you enjoy what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life,” Crawford advises young professionals. “Get involved — whether it’s in the community or in professional organizations. Building your network is extremely valuable in today’s marketplace.”
Heroes or mentors: “I have always looked up to my father’s work ethic and sense of humor.”
Favorite hangout spots: Tailgating at Mississippi State University
Best Mississippi event: Football weekends and hometown festivals
Favorite Mississippi food: Pimento cheese sandwiches
Favorite TV show: “The Big Bang Theory”
Favorite music: Jimmy Buffett
Bucket List: Be a contestant on “The Amazing Race”
Twitter handle: @wilkinscrawford
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast