KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Wil Crawford
Name: Wil Crawford
Title: Audit Manager
Wil Crawford’s childhood days in Holly Bluff in rural Yazoo County were filled with toy tractors and Legos. “I wanted to be either a farmer or in construction,” Crawford says.
Crawford’s first job as a bank clerk in Yazoo City put him on the path to a career in the financial industry. As an audit manager for BKD, Crawford focuses on financial and compliance audits for state and local government organizations and for non-profits.
With a passion for people and staying up to date in an evolving industry, Crawford also stays involved with on-campus recruiting and learning and development at BKD.
“With Baby Boomers making up such a large percentage of CPAs, the sky is the limit for the next generation,” Crawford says. “Cloud computing and other innovations are paving the way for expanded services in the accounting industry.”
Crawford earned a bachelor and master of accountancy from Mississippi State University and has served as president of the Mississippi Young CPA Network and a committee vice-chair with the Mississippi Society of CPAs.
Crawford also enjoys watching MSU athletics and has served as treasurer of the Central Mississippi MSU alumni chapter. He lives with his wife and two dogs in Jackson.
“If you enjoy what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life,” Crawford advises young professionals. “Get involved — whether it’s in the community or in professional organizations. Building your network is extremely valuable in today’s marketplace.”
Heroes or mentors: “I have always looked up to my father’s work ethic and sense of humor.”
Favorite hangout spots: Tailgating at Mississippi State University
Best Mississippi event: Football weekends and hometown festivals
Favorite Mississippi food: Pimento cheese sandwiches
Favorite TV show: “The Big Bang Theory”
Favorite music: Jimmy Buffett
Bucket List: Be a contestant on “The Amazing Race”
Twitter handle: @wilkinscrawford
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics