Jason Keith leading MSU chemical engineering institute
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2013
Jason Keith, Earnest W. Deavenport Jr. Chair and director of Mississippi State University’s Dave C. Swalm School of Chemical Engineering, is taking on an additional role with the land-grant institution. Keith will lead the MSU Energy Institute, which is administrated jointly by the Office of Research and Economic Development and the Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
Keith, who has been Swalm’s director since August 2011, is taking the institute’s helm from veteran faculty member and administrator W. Glenn Steele, who retired from MSU as William L. Giles Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering last year.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Akron in 1995, Keith defended his chemical engineering doctoral dissertation at the University of Notre Dame in August 2000. That same year, he joined the faculty of Michigan Technological University as an assistant professor. He earned tenure and promotion to associate professor in 2006, and full professor status in 2011.
Keith and his wife, Salvadora, live in Starkville with their children — Andrew, Maria, Isabel and Sophia — and a chocolate Lab named Pennant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun