Jason Keith leading MSU chemical engineering institute
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2013
Jason Keith, Earnest W. Deavenport Jr. Chair and director of Mississippi State University’s Dave C. Swalm School of Chemical Engineering, is taking on an additional role with the land-grant institution. Keith will lead the MSU Energy Institute, which is administrated jointly by the Office of Research and Economic Development and the Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
Keith, who has been Swalm’s director since August 2011, is taking the institute’s helm from veteran faculty member and administrator W. Glenn Steele, who retired from MSU as William L. Giles Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering last year.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Akron in 1995, Keith defended his chemical engineering doctoral dissertation at the University of Notre Dame in August 2000. That same year, he joined the faculty of Michigan Technological University as an assistant professor. He earned tenure and promotion to associate professor in 2006, and full professor status in 2011.
Keith and his wife, Salvadora, live in Starkville with their children — Andrew, Maria, Isabel and Sophia — and a chocolate Lab named Pennant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years