Moore named president of NMMC-Tupelo
Published: July 19,2013
Tags: health, health care, hospital, medical, medicine, Meridian Community College, Mississippi Hospital Association, North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo, North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point, President, public health, Rush Health Systems, Tim Moore
TUPELO — Tim Moore has been appointed as president of North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo. Since April 2012, Moore has served as vice president of North Mississippi Health Services’ community hospitals, working closely with the facilities in Eupora, Iuka, Pontotoc and West Point as well as Hamilton, Ala. Moore came to Tupelo from Meridian, where he had served as system vice president of regional operations for Rush Health Systems since March 2007. Prior to that, Moore was affiliated with NMHS, serving as administrator of North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point from 2003-2007. Before his stint in West Point, Moore was assistant executive director and COO for Greenwood Leflore Hospital for four years. Previously he worked with the Rush Health System and other health care providers in the Meridian area.
A native of Forest in Scott County, Moore holds an associate’s degree in radiological technology from Meridian Community College and a bachelor’s degree in industrial science from Mississippi State University. He earned a master’s degree in health care management from the University of New Orleans in 2003. He is an active member of the Mississippi Hospital Association, serving on the board of MHA Board of Governors and recently named chairman-elect.
He and his wife, Janice, have two sons, Ross, 22, and Matt, 28. Moore enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf. He has been actively involved with various civic organizations and economic development efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions