Moore named president of NMMC-Tupelo
by Associated Press
Published: July 19,2013
Tags: health, health care, hospital, medical, medicine, Meridian Community College, Mississippi Hospital Association, North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo, North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point, President, public health, Rush Health Systems, Tim Moore
TUPELO — Tim Moore has been appointed as president of North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo. Since April 2012, Moore has served as vice president of North Mississippi Health Services’ community hospitals, working closely with the facilities in Eupora, Iuka, Pontotoc and West Point as well as Hamilton, Ala. Moore came to Tupelo from Meridian, where he had served as system vice president of regional operations for Rush Health Systems since March 2007. Prior to that, Moore was affiliated with NMHS, serving as administrator of North Mississippi Medical Center-West Point from 2003-2007. Before his stint in West Point, Moore was assistant executive director and COO for Greenwood Leflore Hospital for four years. Previously he worked with the Rush Health System and other health care providers in the Meridian area.
A native of Forest in Scott County, Moore holds an associate’s degree in radiological technology from Meridian Community College and a bachelor’s degree in industrial science from Mississippi State University. He earned a master’s degree in health care management from the University of New Orleans in 2003. He is an active member of the Mississippi Hospital Association, serving on the board of MHA Board of Governors and recently named chairman-elect.
He and his wife, Janice, have two sons, Ross, 22, and Matt, 28. Moore enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf. He has been actively involved with various civic organizations and economic development efforts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip