Collins Simpson, Will Pentecost earn engineering certifications
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 19,2013
Collins Simpson and Will Pentecost of Waggoner Engineering have become licensed professional engineers in the state of Mississippi. Simpson joined Waggoner in 2011 as an engineering intern and has worked on several projects with the firm thus far, including Starlanding Road, multiple state aid projects and the Short Fork Wastewater Treatment facility site design for the DeSoto County Regional Utility Authority. Prior to joining Waggoner, Simpson worked with the MDOT project office in Senatobia, where he provided road construction inspection, communication and oversight to correct and resolve complications on job sites.
Pentecost began at Waggoner in 2008 and serves as a project engineer specializing in storm water drainage, airport design, site development and program management. His project experience includes the Mississippi Development Authority Small Rental Assistance Program and Neighborhood Home program, where he served as project engineer managing construction of residential housing associated with Hurricane Katrina Recovery.
Simpson holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Mississippi, and Pentecost holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet