Store owners face sentencing for selling counterfeit clothing
Published: July 19,2013
Tags: Attorney General's Office, bench, counterfeit, counterfeit goods, court, crime, guilty, intellectual property, judge, judicial, judiciary, justice, law, legal, Louis Vuitton, Mississippi Department of Corrections, owner, plea, retail, sentence, sentencing, Sophia Hill McMillian, store, The North Face, tradmark, Urban Wear, Willie McMillian
HOUSTON — A Chickasaw County couple pleaded guilty this week to selling counterfeit goods.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports 46-year-old Willie McMillian and his wife, 47-year-old Sophia Hill McMillian, pleaded guilty to sale and possession with intent to sell goods bearing counterfeit labels or trade-marks.
McMillian owned and operated Urban Wear with Hill, where the couple sold a high volume of counterfeit goods bearing the Louis Vuitton and The North Face labels.
McMillian was sentenced to five years in the custody of the Mississippi Department of Corrections, with one year suspended. Additionally, McMillian must pay restitution and forfeit all items seized to the Attorney General’s Office. Hill was sentenced to five years, five years suspended.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Store owners face sentencing for selling counterfeit clothing”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager