Store owners face sentencing for selling counterfeit clothing
Published: July 19,2013
Tags: Attorney General's Office, bench, counterfeit, counterfeit goods, court, crime, guilty, intellectual property, judge, judicial, judiciary, justice, law, legal, Louis Vuitton, Mississippi Department of Corrections, owner, plea, retail, sentence, sentencing, Sophia Hill McMillian, store, The North Face, tradmark, Urban Wear, Willie McMillian
HOUSTON — A Chickasaw County couple pleaded guilty this week to selling counterfeit goods.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports 46-year-old Willie McMillian and his wife, 47-year-old Sophia Hill McMillian, pleaded guilty to sale and possession with intent to sell goods bearing counterfeit labels or trade-marks.
McMillian owned and operated Urban Wear with Hill, where the couple sold a high volume of counterfeit goods bearing the Louis Vuitton and The North Face labels.
McMillian was sentenced to five years in the custody of the Mississippi Department of Corrections, with one year suspended. Additionally, McMillian must pay restitution and forfeit all items seized to the Attorney General’s Office. Hill was sentenced to five years, five years suspended.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Store owners face sentencing for selling counterfeit clothing”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet