Supervisors vote yes to hospital contract; to hear from HORNE on study
Published: July 19,2013
Tags: Adams County Board of Supervisors, board of supervisors, county government, feasibility study, health, health care, Healthcare Management Partners, HORNE, hospital, lease, medical, medicine, Natchez Regional Medical Center, public health, sale, Scott Slover, sell, supervisor
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors has voted to enter into what could be a half-million dollar a contract with Healthcare Management Partners.
The Natchez Democrat reports the supervisors will hear Monday from the HORNE Group — which the county hired on behalf of Natchez Regional Medical Center — the results of a feasibility study done to determine if the hospital should be sold.
Board attorney Scott Slover says HMP will solicit and analyze proposals for the sale or lease of Natchez Regional Medical Center.
Slover said the contract with HMP is based on hourly rates with a minimum payment of $300,000 and a cap of $500,000 in fees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system