Ex-plant worker accused of stealing thousands of dollars
Published: July 22,2013
Tags: embezzle, embezzlement, embezzler, employee, factory, grand jury, Heartland Siding, justice, law, law enforcement, legal, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Michael Ramey, plant, ProVia, siding, steal, Stephen Blake Hobson, theft, worker
BOONEVILLE — A former employee of a Booneville plant has been charged with embezzlement.
Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that 48-year-old Stephen Blake Hobson of Tupelo worked in the business department of Heartland Siding, a division of ProVia, an Ohio company.
Ramey says Hobson is accused of embezzling $43,556 from the company. Ramey says a company official in Booneville filed a complaint on June 25.
Ramey says an investigation showed the alleged theft occurred over several months.
Hobson was released on $25,000 bond. He does not have a listed telephone number and it was not clear whether he had an attorney.
The case will be presented to the next session of the Prentiss County grand jury in October.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015