Governor to lead health care symposium next month
by Associated Press
Published: July 22,2013
Tags: Clay Hays Jr., Hannah Gay, health, health care, medical, medicine, Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's Global Corporate Services, Phil Bryant, Richard E. Wainerdi, Robert Hess, summit
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant will host the Governor’s Health Care Economic Development Summit on Aug. 15 in Jackson.
The event is co-hosted by the Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi State Medical Association.
Bryant will speak at 9 a.m. along with Dr. Clay Hays Jr., who is chairman of the Mississippi Health Care Solutions Institute. Hays, a Jackson cardiologist, was named by Bryant to lead the institute, which was formed as a recommendation of the Blueprint Mississippi Health Care report.
Other speaks are Robert Hess, executive managing director in Newmark Grubb Knight Frank’s Global Corporate Services; Dr. Richard E. Wainerdi, president emeritus of Texas Medical Center; and Dr. Hannah Gay, associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Mississippi Medical Center and a certified HIV specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets