Governor to lead health care symposium next month
Published: July 22,2013
Tags: Clay Hays Jr., Hannah Gay, health, health care, medical, medicine, Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's Global Corporate Services, Phil Bryant, Richard E. Wainerdi, Robert Hess, summit
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant will host the Governor’s Health Care Economic Development Summit on Aug. 15 in Jackson.
The event is co-hosted by the Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi State Medical Association.
Bryant will speak at 9 a.m. along with Dr. Clay Hays Jr., who is chairman of the Mississippi Health Care Solutions Institute. Hays, a Jackson cardiologist, was named by Bryant to lead the institute, which was formed as a recommendation of the Blueprint Mississippi Health Care report.
Other speaks are Robert Hess, executive managing director in Newmark Grubb Knight Frank’s Global Corporate Services; Dr. Richard E. Wainerdi, president emeritus of Texas Medical Center; and Dr. Hannah Gay, associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Mississippi Medical Center and a certified HIV specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags