Governor to lead health care symposium next month
Published: July 22,2013
Tags: Clay Hays Jr., Hannah Gay, health, health care, medical, medicine, Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's Global Corporate Services, Phil Bryant, Richard E. Wainerdi, Robert Hess, summit
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant will host the Governor’s Health Care Economic Development Summit on Aug. 15 in Jackson.
The event is co-hosted by the Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi State Medical Association.
Bryant will speak at 9 a.m. along with Dr. Clay Hays Jr., who is chairman of the Mississippi Health Care Solutions Institute. Hays, a Jackson cardiologist, was named by Bryant to lead the institute, which was formed as a recommendation of the Blueprint Mississippi Health Care report.
Other speaks are Robert Hess, executive managing director in Newmark Grubb Knight Frank’s Global Corporate Services; Dr. Richard E. Wainerdi, president emeritus of Texas Medical Center; and Dr. Hannah Gay, associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Mississippi Medical Center and a certified HIV specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges