Governor to lead health care symposium next month
Published: July 22,2013
Tags: Clay Hays Jr., Hannah Gay, health, health care, medical, medicine, Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's Global Corporate Services, Phil Bryant, Richard E. Wainerdi, Robert Hess, summit
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant will host the Governor’s Health Care Economic Development Summit on Aug. 15 in Jackson.
The event is co-hosted by the Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi State Medical Association.
Bryant will speak at 9 a.m. along with Dr. Clay Hays Jr., who is chairman of the Mississippi Health Care Solutions Institute. Hays, a Jackson cardiologist, was named by Bryant to lead the institute, which was formed as a recommendation of the Blueprint Mississippi Health Care report.
Other speaks are Robert Hess, executive managing director in Newmark Grubb Knight Frank’s Global Corporate Services; Dr. Richard E. Wainerdi, president emeritus of Texas Medical Center; and Dr. Hannah Gay, associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Mississippi Medical Center and a certified HIV specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions