Milwaukee Tool to get $15M expansion/makeover
Published: July 22,2013
GREENWOOD — The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. plant in Greenwood is undergoing a $15 million expansion and reorganization that will double the factory’s manufacturing capacity.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports company engineer Terry Jensen told a civil club this past week that the plant presently splits its operations between assembling power tools and manufacturing saw blades.
Jensen says the assembly operation will shift to Milwaukee Tool’s plant in Jackson.
Jensen says the Greenwood plant will focus on making saw blades, doubling its capacity from three assembly lines to six.
Milwaukee Tool employs about 400 people in Greenwood.
The expansion is expected to be completed by fall 2014.
Milwaukee Tool has a distribution center in Olive Branch. The company is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year