Milwaukee Tool to get $15M expansion/makeover
Published: July 22,2013
GREENWOOD — The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. plant in Greenwood is undergoing a $15 million expansion and reorganization that will double the factory’s manufacturing capacity.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports company engineer Terry Jensen told a civil club this past week that the plant presently splits its operations between assembling power tools and manufacturing saw blades.
Jensen says the assembly operation will shift to Milwaukee Tool’s plant in Jackson.
Jensen says the Greenwood plant will focus on making saw blades, doubling its capacity from three assembly lines to six.
Milwaukee Tool employs about 400 people in Greenwood.
The expansion is expected to be completed by fall 2014.
Milwaukee Tool has a distribution center in Olive Branch. The company is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M