Milwaukee Tool to get $15M expansion/makeover
Published: July 22,2013
GREENWOOD — The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. plant in Greenwood is undergoing a $15 million expansion and reorganization that will double the factory’s manufacturing capacity.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports company engineer Terry Jensen told a civil club this past week that the plant presently splits its operations between assembling power tools and manufacturing saw blades.
Jensen says the assembly operation will shift to Milwaukee Tool’s plant in Jackson.
Jensen says the Greenwood plant will focus on making saw blades, doubling its capacity from three assembly lines to six.
Milwaukee Tool employs about 400 people in Greenwood.
The expansion is expected to be completed by fall 2014.
Milwaukee Tool has a distribution center in Olive Branch. The company is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot