Milwaukee Tool to get $15M expansion/makeover
Published: July 22,2013
GREENWOOD — The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. plant in Greenwood is undergoing a $15 million expansion and reorganization that will double the factory’s manufacturing capacity.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports company engineer Terry Jensen told a civil club this past week that the plant presently splits its operations between assembling power tools and manufacturing saw blades.
Jensen says the assembly operation will shift to Milwaukee Tool’s plant in Jackson.
Jensen says the Greenwood plant will focus on making saw blades, doubling its capacity from three assembly lines to six.
Milwaukee Tool employs about 400 people in Greenwood.
The expansion is expected to be completed by fall 2014.
Milwaukee Tool has a distribution center in Olive Branch. The company is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner