Milwaukee Tool to get $15M expansion/makeover
Published: July 22,2013
GREENWOOD — The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. plant in Greenwood is undergoing a $15 million expansion and reorganization that will double the factory’s manufacturing capacity.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports company engineer Terry Jensen told a civil club this past week that the plant presently splits its operations between assembling power tools and manufacturing saw blades.
Jensen says the assembly operation will shift to Milwaukee Tool’s plant in Jackson.
Jensen says the Greenwood plant will focus on making saw blades, doubling its capacity from three assembly lines to six.
Milwaukee Tool employs about 400 people in Greenwood.
The expansion is expected to be completed by fall 2014.
Milwaukee Tool has a distribution center in Olive Branch. The company is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club