William Carey breaks ground for new business education facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2013
Tags: college, construction, graduate, groundbreaking, higher education, Kevin Lewis, Landry and Lewis Architects, Mac’s Construction, postsecondary education, private college, School of Business, university, William Carey University
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University have broken ground on the new School of Business, a 20,574-square-foot facility that will sit on Tuscan Avenue across from the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine complex.
The new building, which will cost just under $3 million, will include state-of-the-art multi-media, two lecture halls on the first floor and five classrooms and a computer lab on the second floor. The lobby will feature a grand staircase and an eight-foot European crystal chandelier that was given as a gift by a donor.
Kevin Lewis of Landry and Lewis Architects, PA, developed the project design for the new building and Mac’s Construction will carry out the plans. The building will be completed by fall 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi