William Carey breaks ground for new business education facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2013
Tags: college, construction, graduate, groundbreaking, higher education, Kevin Lewis, Landry and Lewis Architects, Mac’s Construction, postsecondary education, private college, School of Business, university, William Carey University
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University have broken ground on the new School of Business, a 20,574-square-foot facility that will sit on Tuscan Avenue across from the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine complex.
The new building, which will cost just under $3 million, will include state-of-the-art multi-media, two lecture halls on the first floor and five classrooms and a computer lab on the second floor. The lobby will feature a grand staircase and an eight-foot European crystal chandelier that was given as a gift by a donor.
Kevin Lewis of Landry and Lewis Architects, PA, developed the project design for the new building and Mac’s Construction will carry out the plans. The building will be completed by fall 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41