William Carey breaks ground for new business education facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2013
Tags: college, construction, graduate, groundbreaking, higher education, Kevin Lewis, Landry and Lewis Architects, Mac’s Construction, postsecondary education, private college, School of Business, university, William Carey University
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University have broken ground on the new School of Business, a 20,574-square-foot facility that will sit on Tuscan Avenue across from the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine complex.
The new building, which will cost just under $3 million, will include state-of-the-art multi-media, two lecture halls on the first floor and five classrooms and a computer lab on the second floor. The lobby will feature a grand staircase and an eight-foot European crystal chandelier that was given as a gift by a donor.
Kevin Lewis of Landry and Lewis Architects, PA, developed the project design for the new building and Mac’s Construction will carry out the plans. The building will be completed by fall 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data