William Carey breaks ground for new business education facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2013
Tags: college, construction, graduate, groundbreaking, higher education, Kevin Lewis, Landry and Lewis Architects, Mac’s Construction, postsecondary education, private college, School of Business, university, William Carey University
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University have broken ground on the new School of Business, a 20,574-square-foot facility that will sit on Tuscan Avenue across from the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine complex.
The new building, which will cost just under $3 million, will include state-of-the-art multi-media, two lecture halls on the first floor and five classrooms and a computer lab on the second floor. The lobby will feature a grand staircase and an eight-foot European crystal chandelier that was given as a gift by a donor.
Kevin Lewis of Landry and Lewis Architects, PA, developed the project design for the new building and Mac’s Construction will carry out the plans. The building will be completed by fall 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium