William Carey breaks ground for new business education facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2013
Tags: college, construction, graduate, groundbreaking, higher education, Kevin Lewis, Landry and Lewis Architects, Mac’s Construction, postsecondary education, private college, School of Business, university, William Carey University
HATTIESBURG — William Carey University have broken ground on the new School of Business, a 20,574-square-foot facility that will sit on Tuscan Avenue across from the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine complex.
The new building, which will cost just under $3 million, will include state-of-the-art multi-media, two lecture halls on the first floor and five classrooms and a computer lab on the second floor. The lobby will feature a grand staircase and an eight-foot European crystal chandelier that was given as a gift by a donor.
Kevin Lewis of Landry and Lewis Architects, PA, developed the project design for the new building and Mac’s Construction will carry out the plans. The building will be completed by fall 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge