Committee formed to aid in search for next MVSU president
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2013
Tags: Mary Crump, Michael Joe Cannon, Mississippi Valley State University, Mississippi Valley State University Board Search Committee, Mississippi Valley State University Campus Search Advisory Committee, postsecondary education, President, public university, Rev. Calvin Collins, search, Shane Hooper, university
ITTA BENA — Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank M. Bounds and Mississippi Valley State University Board Search Committee chair Shane Hooper announced a Campus Search Advisory Committee has formed to aid in the search for the next president of Mississippi Valley State University.
The members of the Mississippi Valley State University Campus Search Advisory Committee include:
• Alumni/Foundation — Mary Crump, John Johnson, Archie Tucker, Clara Reed, Dr. Walter Robert
• Faculty & Staff — Dr. John Jones, Dr. Jay Kim, Lee Smith, Dr. Constance Bland, Dr. Kathie Stromile Golden, Dr. Louis Hall, Dr. Mary Alice Jennings, Dr. John Weiss, Deborah Banks, LeChondia Nelson, Glenda Ransom
• Students — Derrick Jones
• Community Members — Michael Joe Cannon, Rev. Calvin Collins, Dee McTeer, Kenneth Myricks, Katherine Barrett Riley
Hall will serve as chair.
The campus listening sessions will be held Aug. 27 on the Mississippi Valley State University campus in Itta Bena.
Following the best consideration deadline, Campus Search Advisory Committee members will submit at least five candidates unranked to the Board Search Committee. The Board will select the candidates to be interviewed. A sub-set of the Campus Search Advisory Committee, representing all constituency groups, will comprise the Interview Search Advisory Committee. The Interview Search Advisory Committee will participate in the interview process with the Board of Trustees, with the final decision being made by the Board.
The candidates for president of Mississippi Valley State University will be interviewed later this fall, with a campus visit by the preferred candidate to follow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful