Committee formed to aid in search for next MVSU president
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2013
Tags: Mary Crump, Michael Joe Cannon, Mississippi Valley State University, Mississippi Valley State University Board Search Committee, Mississippi Valley State University Campus Search Advisory Committee, postsecondary education, President, public university, Rev. Calvin Collins, search, Shane Hooper, university
ITTA BENA — Commissioner of Higher Education Dr. Hank M. Bounds and Mississippi Valley State University Board Search Committee chair Shane Hooper announced a Campus Search Advisory Committee has formed to aid in the search for the next president of Mississippi Valley State University.
The members of the Mississippi Valley State University Campus Search Advisory Committee include:
• Alumni/Foundation — Mary Crump, John Johnson, Archie Tucker, Clara Reed, Dr. Walter Robert
• Faculty & Staff — Dr. John Jones, Dr. Jay Kim, Lee Smith, Dr. Constance Bland, Dr. Kathie Stromile Golden, Dr. Louis Hall, Dr. Mary Alice Jennings, Dr. John Weiss, Deborah Banks, LeChondia Nelson, Glenda Ransom
• Students — Derrick Jones
• Community Members — Michael Joe Cannon, Rev. Calvin Collins, Dee McTeer, Kenneth Myricks, Katherine Barrett Riley
Hall will serve as chair.
The campus listening sessions will be held Aug. 27 on the Mississippi Valley State University campus in Itta Bena.
Following the best consideration deadline, Campus Search Advisory Committee members will submit at least five candidates unranked to the Board Search Committee. The Board will select the candidates to be interviewed. A sub-set of the Campus Search Advisory Committee, representing all constituency groups, will comprise the Interview Search Advisory Committee. The Interview Search Advisory Committee will participate in the interview process with the Board of Trustees, with the final decision being made by the Board.
The candidates for president of Mississippi Valley State University will be interviewed later this fall, with a campus visit by the preferred candidate to follow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case