Construction underway on final segment of I-269
Published: July 26,2013
HOLLY SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation has begun work on the last section of Interstate 269.
The project will add more than six miles of I-269 from Shinault Road in Byhalia to Mississippi Highway 302 in Marshall County.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says in a news release that all sections of the highway are now in the construction phase in Mississippi.
Tagert says I-269 will provide a means for commercial vehicles to move raw materials and manufactured goods through the region.
Construction of I-269 includes seven projects and about 25 miles of four-lane highway from Interstate 55 near Hernando through DeSoto and Marshall counties to the Tennessee state line.
Construction on the $286 million interstate project began in 2011 and is scheduled to be complete in fall 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions