Construction underway on final segment of I-269
Published: July 26,2013
HOLLY SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation has begun work on the last section of Interstate 269.
The project will add more than six miles of I-269 from Shinault Road in Byhalia to Mississippi Highway 302 in Marshall County.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says in a news release that all sections of the highway are now in the construction phase in Mississippi.
Tagert says I-269 will provide a means for commercial vehicles to move raw materials and manufactured goods through the region.
Construction of I-269 includes seven projects and about 25 miles of four-lane highway from Interstate 55 near Hernando through DeSoto and Marshall counties to the Tennessee state line.
Construction on the $286 million interstate project began in 2011 and is scheduled to be complete in fall 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation