Construction underway on final segment of I-269
Published: July 26,2013
HOLLY SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation has begun work on the last section of Interstate 269.
The project will add more than six miles of I-269 from Shinault Road in Byhalia to Mississippi Highway 302 in Marshall County.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says in a news release that all sections of the highway are now in the construction phase in Mississippi.
Tagert says I-269 will provide a means for commercial vehicles to move raw materials and manufactured goods through the region.
Construction of I-269 includes seven projects and about 25 miles of four-lane highway from Interstate 55 near Hernando through DeSoto and Marshall counties to the Tennessee state line.
Construction on the $286 million interstate project began in 2011 and is scheduled to be complete in fall 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'