Construction underway on final segment of I-269
by Associated Press
Published: July 26,2013
HOLLY SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation has begun work on the last section of Interstate 269.
The project will add more than six miles of I-269 from Shinault Road in Byhalia to Mississippi Highway 302 in Marshall County.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says in a news release that all sections of the highway are now in the construction phase in Mississippi.
Tagert says I-269 will provide a means for commercial vehicles to move raw materials and manufactured goods through the region.
Construction of I-269 includes seven projects and about 25 miles of four-lane highway from Interstate 55 near Hernando through DeSoto and Marshall counties to the Tennessee state line.
Construction on the $286 million interstate project began in 2011 and is scheduled to be complete in fall 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program