Cory Wilson serving on College Savings board
The College Savings Mississippi Board of Directors is welcoming Cory Wilson of Madison as its newest board member. Wilson, an attorney with Heidelberg Steinberger Colmer & Burrow, was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to represent the Second Congressional District. A native of Moss Point, Wilson attended the University of Mississippi, where he graduated summa cum laude in economics in 1992. He received a law degree from the Yale Law School in 1995, where he served on the Yale Law Journal.
In 2005, Wilson was honorably selected by President George W. Bush as one of 12 White House Fellows. Wilson served at the Pentagon as a special assistant to Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld. He later returned home to Mississippi and became the deputy secretary and chief of staff for Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. Since 2011, Wilson has managed the Jackson office of the Pascagoula-based law firm of Heidelberg Steinberger.
In addition to Wilson, College Savings Mississippi’s nine board of directors include: Dr. Hank Bounds, commissioner, Institutions of Higher Learning; Dr. Eric Clark, executive director, Mississippi Community College Board; Kevin Upchurch, executive director, Mississippi Department of Finance and Administration; Jessica DuPont, Pascagoula attorney; Kenny Goza, Entergy Mississippi; Scott Carmichael, president, Missouth Properties; and Len Blanton, CFO/COO, Nesco Electrical Distributors.
Wilson replaces outgoing board member Lois Erwin whose 10-year term ended June 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability