Cory Wilson serving on College Savings board
The College Savings Mississippi Board of Directors is welcoming Cory Wilson of Madison as its newest board member. Wilson, an attorney with Heidelberg Steinberger Colmer & Burrow, was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to represent the Second Congressional District. A native of Moss Point, Wilson attended the University of Mississippi, where he graduated summa cum laude in economics in 1992. He received a law degree from the Yale Law School in 1995, where he served on the Yale Law Journal.
In 2005, Wilson was honorably selected by President George W. Bush as one of 12 White House Fellows. Wilson served at the Pentagon as a special assistant to Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld. He later returned home to Mississippi and became the deputy secretary and chief of staff for Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. Since 2011, Wilson has managed the Jackson office of the Pascagoula-based law firm of Heidelberg Steinberger.
In addition to Wilson, College Savings Mississippi’s nine board of directors include: Dr. Hank Bounds, commissioner, Institutions of Higher Learning; Dr. Eric Clark, executive director, Mississippi Community College Board; Kevin Upchurch, executive director, Mississippi Department of Finance and Administration; Jessica DuPont, Pascagoula attorney; Kenny Goza, Entergy Mississippi; Scott Carmichael, president, Missouth Properties; and Len Blanton, CFO/COO, Nesco Electrical Distributors.
Wilson replaces outgoing board member Lois Erwin whose 10-year term ended June 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters