Cory Wilson serving on College Savings board
The College Savings Mississippi Board of Directors is welcoming Cory Wilson of Madison as its newest board member. Wilson, an attorney with Heidelberg Steinberger Colmer & Burrow, was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to represent the Second Congressional District. A native of Moss Point, Wilson attended the University of Mississippi, where he graduated summa cum laude in economics in 1992. He received a law degree from the Yale Law School in 1995, where he served on the Yale Law Journal.
In 2005, Wilson was honorably selected by President George W. Bush as one of 12 White House Fellows. Wilson served at the Pentagon as a special assistant to Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld. He later returned home to Mississippi and became the deputy secretary and chief of staff for Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. Since 2011, Wilson has managed the Jackson office of the Pascagoula-based law firm of Heidelberg Steinberger.
In addition to Wilson, College Savings Mississippi’s nine board of directors include: Dr. Hank Bounds, commissioner, Institutions of Higher Learning; Dr. Eric Clark, executive director, Mississippi Community College Board; Kevin Upchurch, executive director, Mississippi Department of Finance and Administration; Jessica DuPont, Pascagoula attorney; Kenny Goza, Entergy Mississippi; Scott Carmichael, president, Missouth Properties; and Len Blanton, CFO/COO, Nesco Electrical Distributors.
Wilson replaces outgoing board member Lois Erwin whose 10-year term ended June 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects