Johnnie Denmark appointed superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Johnnie Denmark has been named superintendent at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl. Denmark succeeds James Holman, who retired. Denmark has worked for the Department of Corrections since 1989 when he was a correctional officer trainee. Having held several key correctional administrator positions over the years, he comes to CMCF from South Mississippi Correctional Institution where he was warden.
Denmark has a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.