KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Melissa Weinberger
by Stephen McDill
Published: July 26,2013
Name: Melissa Weinberger
Position: Assistant Brand Manager
Although she grew up in Maryland, Melissa Weinberger spent summers visiting family in Gulfport and knew that she wanted to attend college in the South.
“I love the downtown areas along our Mississippi Gulf Coast — being able to walk to the beach is something I will never want to be without,” Weinberger says.
While studying mass communication and journalism at the University of Southern Mississippi, Weinberger landed an internship at the GodwinGroup advertising agency. After graduation, Godwin hired her as a full-time brand manager and social media guru helping represent clients ranging from casinos and utilities to the Infinity Science Center.
“Brands are now interacting with their audience more than ever,” she says. “Combing a good strategy with powerful digital tools can really make for a successful marketing impact.”
Weinberger actively volunteers and supports the Girl Scouts of America and the Coast Young Professionals organization. She enjoys spending time with friends and family, Netflix, her Kindle Fire and her dog, Dobby.
“Taking a break from work is just as important as putting 110 percent into work,” Weinberger advises young professionals. “It’s easy to get caught up in proving your worth by working long nights and never taking off, but exhausting yourself is not the answer.”
Heroes: Eleanor Roosevelt
Best Mississippi event: Fourth of July fireworks on the beach
Favorite Mississippi food: Seafood
First job ever: “I was the perfume girl for Hollister. I literally walked around the store spraying perfume.”
Favorite TV show: “Parks and Recreation”
Favorite movie: “First Wives Club”
Favorite music: Motown and show tunes.
Twitter handle: @MNWeinberger
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip