Mark Chen chosen for University of Mississippi chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Weixing “Mark” Chen will join the faculty of the University of Mississippi this fall as the new chair of the Department of Public Policy Leadership. He brings to the department experience with university administration, establishing international partnerships and educational programs, and his teaching and research specializations in public policy, international relations and Chinese politics, with an emphasis on Chinese leadership.
Before coming to UM, Chen was professor of political science and chair of the Department of Political Science, International Affairs and Public Administration at East Tennessee State University, where he was honored with the ETSU Distinguished Faculty Award for Research. He also has served as a visiting professor or lecturer at six universities in Asia.
Chen earned a bachelor’s degree in English and literature in 1982 from Shandong University in China, a master’s in international relations in 1986 from the College of International Relations in Beijing and a doctorate in political science in 1992 from Northern Illinois University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center