Mark Chen chosen for University of Mississippi chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Weixing “Mark” Chen will join the faculty of the University of Mississippi this fall as the new chair of the Department of Public Policy Leadership. He brings to the department experience with university administration, establishing international partnerships and educational programs, and his teaching and research specializations in public policy, international relations and Chinese politics, with an emphasis on Chinese leadership.
Before coming to UM, Chen was professor of political science and chair of the Department of Political Science, International Affairs and Public Administration at East Tennessee State University, where he was honored with the ETSU Distinguished Faculty Award for Research. He also has served as a visiting professor or lecturer at six universities in Asia.
Chen earned a bachelor’s degree in English and literature in 1982 from Shandong University in China, a master’s in international relations in 1986 from the College of International Relations in Beijing and a doctorate in political science in 1992 from Northern Illinois University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur