Randy Reeves gets state government recognition
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the 2013 Excellence in State Government Award to Randy Reeves, executive director of the State Veterans Affairs Board, in recognition of excellence and innovation in public service. Reeves was recognized for stabilizing agency funding by creating methods to provide consistent funding streams and improving efficiencies; increasing partnerships with state and national agencies, including working with the Department of Employment Security on a veterans job program and with the Military Department on legislative issues; increasing the educational institutions approved for veterans benefits from 84 to 91; and implementing a recognition program and increasing training options for agency employees in order to improve delivery of services to veterans. He also worked to provide a burial option for veterans and spouses by opening the first State Veterans Cemetery and was instrumental in the implementation of the “Vet” designation for veterans on drivers licenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park