Randy Reeves gets state government recognition
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the 2013 Excellence in State Government Award to Randy Reeves, executive director of the State Veterans Affairs Board, in recognition of excellence and innovation in public service. Reeves was recognized for stabilizing agency funding by creating methods to provide consistent funding streams and improving efficiencies; increasing partnerships with state and national agencies, including working with the Department of Employment Security on a veterans job program and with the Military Department on legislative issues; increasing the educational institutions approved for veterans benefits from 84 to 91; and implementing a recognition program and increasing training options for agency employees in order to improve delivery of services to veterans. He also worked to provide a burial option for veterans and spouses by opening the first State Veterans Cemetery and was instrumental in the implementation of the “Vet” designation for veterans on drivers licenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions