Randy Reeves gets state government recognition
Gov. Phil Bryant recently presented the 2013 Excellence in State Government Award to Randy Reeves, executive director of the State Veterans Affairs Board, in recognition of excellence and innovation in public service. Reeves was recognized for stabilizing agency funding by creating methods to provide consistent funding streams and improving efficiencies; increasing partnerships with state and national agencies, including working with the Department of Employment Security on a veterans job program and with the Military Department on legislative issues; increasing the educational institutions approved for veterans benefits from 84 to 91; and implementing a recognition program and increasing training options for agency employees in order to improve delivery of services to veterans. He also worked to provide a burial option for veterans and spouses by opening the first State Veterans Cemetery and was instrumental in the implementation of the “Vet” designation for veterans on drivers licenses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP