Rosemary Spears retires from Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Rosemary Spears, chief of the finance and accounting branch of the resource management office, has retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District after 43 years of service. Spears began her career in August 1969 as a voucher examiner in the office of the comptroller, finance and accounting branch. In September 1980, she was selected as the chief of finance and accounting branch of the Resource Management Office.
Spears is a native of Vicksburg. She earned her bachelor of science degree in business administration from Tennessee State University. She serves as a Sunday school teacher and children’s church teacher at Word of Faith Christian Center, and community service chairperson for the Association of Government Accountants. She is a former board member of Good Shepherd Community Services.
She and her husband, Albert, are the parents of two children, Sean Spears and Kimberly Spears Carter, and have two grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations