Rosemary Spears retires from Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Rosemary Spears, chief of the finance and accounting branch of the resource management office, has retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District after 43 years of service. Spears began her career in August 1969 as a voucher examiner in the office of the comptroller, finance and accounting branch. In September 1980, she was selected as the chief of finance and accounting branch of the Resource Management Office.
Spears is a native of Vicksburg. She earned her bachelor of science degree in business administration from Tennessee State University. She serves as a Sunday school teacher and children’s church teacher at Word of Faith Christian Center, and community service chairperson for the Association of Government Accountants. She is a former board member of Good Shepherd Community Services.
She and her husband, Albert, are the parents of two children, Sean Spears and Kimberly Spears Carter, and have two grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible