Rosemary Spears retires from Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Rosemary Spears, chief of the finance and accounting branch of the resource management office, has retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District after 43 years of service. Spears began her career in August 1969 as a voucher examiner in the office of the comptroller, finance and accounting branch. In September 1980, she was selected as the chief of finance and accounting branch of the Resource Management Office.
Spears is a native of Vicksburg. She earned her bachelor of science degree in business administration from Tennessee State University. She serves as a Sunday school teacher and children’s church teacher at Word of Faith Christian Center, and community service chairperson for the Association of Government Accountants. She is a former board member of Good Shepherd Community Services.
She and her husband, Albert, are the parents of two children, Sean Spears and Kimberly Spears Carter, and have two grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium