Rosemary Spears retires from Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Rosemary Spears, chief of the finance and accounting branch of the resource management office, has retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District after 43 years of service. Spears began her career in August 1969 as a voucher examiner in the office of the comptroller, finance and accounting branch. In September 1980, she was selected as the chief of finance and accounting branch of the Resource Management Office.
Spears is a native of Vicksburg. She earned her bachelor of science degree in business administration from Tennessee State University. She serves as a Sunday school teacher and children’s church teacher at Word of Faith Christian Center, and community service chairperson for the Association of Government Accountants. She is a former board member of Good Shepherd Community Services.
She and her husband, Albert, are the parents of two children, Sean Spears and Kimberly Spears Carter, and have two grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement