Rosemary Spears retires from Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 26,2013
Rosemary Spears, chief of the finance and accounting branch of the resource management office, has retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District after 43 years of service. Spears began her career in August 1969 as a voucher examiner in the office of the comptroller, finance and accounting branch. In September 1980, she was selected as the chief of finance and accounting branch of the Resource Management Office.
Spears is a native of Vicksburg. She earned her bachelor of science degree in business administration from Tennessee State University. She serves as a Sunday school teacher and children’s church teacher at Word of Faith Christian Center, and community service chairperson for the Association of Government Accountants. She is a former board member of Good Shepherd Community Services.
She and her husband, Albert, are the parents of two children, Sean Spears and Kimberly Spears Carter, and have two grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)