Steven McClellan named Delta State CFO
Steven J. McClellan has been named vice president for finance and administration and CFO at Delta State University. For the last six years, McClellan has served as associate vice chancellor for finance at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
McClellan will take office on August 1, replacing Greg Redlin who will retire July 31.
McClellan has held the position of associate vice chancellor for finance with UALR since June 2007. Prior to his work at UALR, he was employed with Northwest Mississippi Community College. He began his work at Northwest in 1984 as an accountant but was quickly promoted through many positions including the director of accounting and business manager before beginning his 13 years as vice president for fiscal affairs.
McClellan currently serves on the board of directors of the Arkansas Association of College and University Business Officers (AACUBO) and has served the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges, as a reaffirmation team member for 11 years. He has served for eight years as the Regional Representative on the board of directors of Community Colleges Business Officials (CCBO), representing the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas and Louisiana. He was selected as the “Most Outstanding Business Official” from this region in 1998. McClellan was an active member of the DeSoto County Economic Development Council for over 15 years and served on the Educational Affairs and the Legislative Affairs Committee. He has also been an active member of the DeSoto Arts Council’s board of directors for 10 years.
McClellan is a native of Cleveland, and attended Mississippi Delta Community College before transferring to Delta State University, where he graduated with a bachelor of business administration in accounting in 1981 and earned his MBA in 1983.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk