Vernon Asper tenders CMR resignation
Dr. Vernon Asper is resigning after serving 19 years on the Commission on Marine Resources. Jimmy Taylor, who currently is vice chairman of the Commission, will take over as chairman.
Gov. Phil Bryant will appoint someone to take over for Asper, whose current term expires June 30, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building