Vernon Asper tenders CMR resignation
Dr. Vernon Asper is resigning after serving 19 years on the Commission on Marine Resources. Jimmy Taylor, who currently is vice chairman of the Commission, will take over as chairman.
Gov. Phil Bryant will appoint someone to take over for Asper, whose current term expires June 30, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability