Missouri company buys warehouse; plans industrial center
Published: July 29,2013
COLUMBUS — St. Louis-based Stuart B. Millner and Associates has bought the 700,000-square-foot Omnova Solutions warehouse and office space with plans to turn it into a multi-tenant industrial center.
Omnova’s distribution center will remain as a tenant on the property, which sits on 92 acres near Columbus on Mississippi Highway 69 South.
Multiple companies have been located at the property since it was developed in 1963. Omnova began phasing out its manufacturing operations at the Columbus facility in 2011.
Millner and Associates says in a news release that phase one of the project is expected to be finished in the coming weeks.
Officials say once phase one is completed the property will be ready for occupancy.
Millner and Associates says it intends to invest $10 million in the property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet