Missouri company buys warehouse; plans industrial center
Published: July 29,2013
COLUMBUS — St. Louis-based Stuart B. Millner and Associates has bought the 700,000-square-foot Omnova Solutions warehouse and office space with plans to turn it into a multi-tenant industrial center.
Omnova’s distribution center will remain as a tenant on the property, which sits on 92 acres near Columbus on Mississippi Highway 69 South.
Multiple companies have been located at the property since it was developed in 1963. Omnova began phasing out its manufacturing operations at the Columbus facility in 2011.
Millner and Associates says in a news release that phase one of the project is expected to be finished in the coming weeks.
Officials say once phase one is completed the property will be ready for occupancy.
Millner and Associates says it intends to invest $10 million in the property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments