Missouri company buys warehouse; plans industrial center
by Associated Press
Published: July 29,2013
COLUMBUS — St. Louis-based Stuart B. Millner and Associates has bought the 700,000-square-foot Omnova Solutions warehouse and office space with plans to turn it into a multi-tenant industrial center.
Omnova’s distribution center will remain as a tenant on the property, which sits on 92 acres near Columbus on Mississippi Highway 69 South.
Multiple companies have been located at the property since it was developed in 1963. Omnova began phasing out its manufacturing operations at the Columbus facility in 2011.
Millner and Associates says in a news release that phase one of the project is expected to be finished in the coming weeks.
Officials say once phase one is completed the property will be ready for occupancy.
Millner and Associates says it intends to invest $10 million in the property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil