Trustmark wraps up acquisition of Oxford branches from SOUTHBank
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2013
JACKSON and OXFORD — Trustmark National Bank, a subsidiary of Trustmark Corporation, has completed its previously announced purchase of two branches in Oxford from SOUTHBank, F.S.B.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark, said, “This transaction enables Trustmark to establish new customer relationships and provides existing Oxford customers with the added convenience of well-positioned banking offices on the Courthouse Square and Jackson Avenue. We are delighted to serve the students and alumni of Ole Miss through these additional offices and look forward to providing an expanded line of financial services in the Oxford market.”
In addition to purchasing two physical branches, Trustmark National Bank assumed deposit accounts of approximately $11.7 million. System changes and operational conversion to Trustmark’s banking platform were completed over the weekend.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Community Bank names new officers
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County