Trustmark wraps up acquisition of Oxford branches from SOUTHBank
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2013
JACKSON and OXFORD — Trustmark National Bank, a subsidiary of Trustmark Corporation, has completed its previously announced purchase of two branches in Oxford from SOUTHBank, F.S.B.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark, said, “This transaction enables Trustmark to establish new customer relationships and provides existing Oxford customers with the added convenience of well-positioned banking offices on the Courthouse Square and Jackson Avenue. We are delighted to serve the students and alumni of Ole Miss through these additional offices and look forward to providing an expanded line of financial services in the Oxford market.”
In addition to purchasing two physical branches, Trustmark National Bank assumed deposit accounts of approximately $11.7 million. System changes and operational conversion to Trustmark’s banking platform were completed over the weekend.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit