Ex-office manager gets five years for embezzlement
Published: July 30,2013
CORINTH — A Biggersville woman has been sentenced to serve five years in prison for embezzling $144,000 while serving as a medical office manager.
The Daily Corinthian reports that Donna Trim pleaded guilty last November to two counts of embezzlement from Corinth Medical Specialists where she worked.
Yesterday, Alcorn County Circuit Judge Thomas Gardner III sentenced Trim to 10 years with five years suspended on the first court and ordered her to pay restitution. On the second count, Gardner gave Trim a 10-year suspended sentence.
Trim was indicted on six counts of embezzlement on Dec. 16, 2011, stemming from money taken from medical office from 2008 to 2010. The court has retired the other four counts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner