Ex-office manager gets five years for embezzlement
Published: July 30,2013
CORINTH — A Biggersville woman has been sentenced to serve five years in prison for embezzling $144,000 while serving as a medical office manager.
The Daily Corinthian reports that Donna Trim pleaded guilty last November to two counts of embezzlement from Corinth Medical Specialists where she worked.
Yesterday, Alcorn County Circuit Judge Thomas Gardner III sentenced Trim to 10 years with five years suspended on the first court and ordered her to pay restitution. On the second count, Gardner gave Trim a 10-year suspended sentence.
Trim was indicted on six counts of embezzlement on Dec. 16, 2011, stemming from money taken from medical office from 2008 to 2010. The court has retired the other four counts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval