Ex-office manager gets five years for embezzlement
Published: July 30,2013
CORINTH — A Biggersville woman has been sentenced to serve five years in prison for embezzling $144,000 while serving as a medical office manager.
The Daily Corinthian reports that Donna Trim pleaded guilty last November to two counts of embezzlement from Corinth Medical Specialists where she worked.
Yesterday, Alcorn County Circuit Judge Thomas Gardner III sentenced Trim to 10 years with five years suspended on the first court and ordered her to pay restitution. On the second count, Gardner gave Trim a 10-year suspended sentence.
Trim was indicted on six counts of embezzlement on Dec. 16, 2011, stemming from money taken from medical office from 2008 to 2010. The court has retired the other four counts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)