Journeyman Austin presents Jackson with convention center hotel offer
by Ross Reily
Published: July 30,2013
By Ted Carter
JACKSON, Mississippi — Texas hotel developer Journeyman Austin has submitted what it says is a confidential unsolicited proposal to build a 304-key, eight-floor convention center hotel on Pascagoula Street across from the Jackson Convention Complex, complete with a multi-floor-above-and-below ground parking structure.
Journeyman Austin presented the proposal to Mayor Chokwe Lumumba’s office shortly after 5 p.m. Monday. The Austin, Texas-based developer is awaiting word on whether the city will consider the proposal before releasing details on it.
Lumumba has not responded to repeated queries over the last four weeks from the Mississippi Business Journal regarding consideration of a Journeyman Austin proposal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center