Journeyman Austin presents Jackson with convention center hotel offer
by Ross Reily
Published: July 30,2013
By Ted Carter
JACKSON, Mississippi — Texas hotel developer Journeyman Austin has submitted what it says is a confidential unsolicited proposal to build a 304-key, eight-floor convention center hotel on Pascagoula Street across from the Jackson Convention Complex, complete with a multi-floor-above-and-below ground parking structure.
Journeyman Austin presented the proposal to Mayor Chokwe Lumumba’s office shortly after 5 p.m. Monday. The Austin, Texas-based developer is awaiting word on whether the city will consider the proposal before releasing details on it.
Lumumba has not responded to repeated queries over the last four weeks from the Mississippi Business Journal regarding consideration of a Journeyman Austin proposal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015