Journeyman Austin presents Jackson with convention center hotel offer
by Ross Reily
Published: July 30,2013
By Ted Carter
JACKSON, Mississippi — Texas hotel developer Journeyman Austin has submitted what it says is a confidential unsolicited proposal to build a 304-key, eight-floor convention center hotel on Pascagoula Street across from the Jackson Convention Complex, complete with a multi-floor-above-and-below ground parking structure.
Journeyman Austin presented the proposal to Mayor Chokwe Lumumba’s office shortly after 5 p.m. Monday. The Austin, Texas-based developer is awaiting word on whether the city will consider the proposal before releasing details on it.
Lumumba has not responded to repeated queries over the last four weeks from the Mississippi Business Journal regarding consideration of a Journeyman Austin proposal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K