City offers $210K for old Crosby Hospital property
by Associated Press
Published: July 31,2013
Tags: acquisitiokn, buy, city, city council, city government, City of Picayune, Commercial Real Estate, Crosby Hospital, health, health care, Highland Community Hospital, hospital, land, medical, medicine, municipal, municipality, property, purchase, real estate
PICAYUNE — The city of Picayune will offer up to $210,000 for the old Crosby Memorial Hospital property.
The city council voted 4-2 this week to make the offer to the property owner, Southern Regional Corporation. The five-acre has been listed for sale since December 2012 and company is asking $237,000 for the property.
The Picayune Item reports that Paul Reese, representing the Southern Regional Corp., told the council he will take the offer to board members for review.
The building on the property will be demolished if the city makes the purchase. The cost of demolition is not to exceed $45,000.
Crosby became Highland Community Hospital in 2006. It operated at present site until July 2012. The hospital then moved to a new facility off of U.S. Highway 11.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county