City offers $210K for old Crosby Hospital property
by Associated Press
Published: July 31,2013
Tags: acquisitiokn, buy, city, city council, city government, City of Picayune, Commercial Real Estate, Crosby Hospital, health, health care, Highland Community Hospital, hospital, land, medical, medicine, municipal, municipality, property, purchase, real estate
PICAYUNE — The city of Picayune will offer up to $210,000 for the old Crosby Memorial Hospital property.
The city council voted 4-2 this week to make the offer to the property owner, Southern Regional Corporation. The five-acre has been listed for sale since December 2012 and company is asking $237,000 for the property.
The Picayune Item reports that Paul Reese, representing the Southern Regional Corp., told the council he will take the offer to board members for review.
The building on the property will be demolished if the city makes the purchase. The cost of demolition is not to exceed $45,000.
Crosby became Highland Community Hospital in 2006. It operated at present site until July 2012. The hospital then moved to a new facility off of U.S. Highway 11.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data