Kmart to close two Coast stores in November
Published: August 1,2013
WAVELAND and GULFPORT — Kmart has announced that it will be closing stores in Waveland and Gulfport in south Mississippi.
The closings are scheduled for mid-November.
The closings mean the only remaining Kmart location in South Mississippi will be on U.S. Highway 49 in Gulfport. Company officials specifically say that location will remain open.
The Gulfport location has 52 employees while there are 32 workers at the Waveland store.
Last month, Sears Holding Corp., the owner of Kmart, announced the Sears and Sears Auto Center in Gautier will close for good in mid-October. The store has 72 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force