Kmart to close two Coast stores in November
Published: August 1,2013
WAVELAND and GULFPORT — Kmart has announced that it will be closing stores in Waveland and Gulfport in south Mississippi.
The closings are scheduled for mid-November.
The closings mean the only remaining Kmart location in South Mississippi will be on U.S. Highway 49 in Gulfport. Company officials specifically say that location will remain open.
The Gulfport location has 52 employees while there are 32 workers at the Waveland store.
Last month, Sears Holding Corp., the owner of Kmart, announced the Sears and Sears Auto Center in Gautier will close for good in mid-October. The store has 72 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO