Kmart to close two Coast stores in November
Published: August 1,2013
WAVELAND and GULFPORT — Kmart has announced that it will be closing stores in Waveland and Gulfport in south Mississippi.
The closings are scheduled for mid-November.
The closings mean the only remaining Kmart location in South Mississippi will be on U.S. Highway 49 in Gulfport. Company officials specifically say that location will remain open.
The Gulfport location has 52 employees while there are 32 workers at the Waveland store.
Last month, Sears Holding Corp., the owner of Kmart, announced the Sears and Sears Auto Center in Gautier will close for good in mid-October. The store has 72 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued