Kmart to close two Coast stores in November
Published: August 1,2013
WAVELAND and GULFPORT — Kmart has announced that it will be closing stores in Waveland and Gulfport in south Mississippi.
The closings are scheduled for mid-November.
The closings mean the only remaining Kmart location in South Mississippi will be on U.S. Highway 49 in Gulfport. Company officials specifically say that location will remain open.
The Gulfport location has 52 employees while there are 32 workers at the Waveland store.
Last month, Sears Holding Corp., the owner of Kmart, announced the Sears and Sears Auto Center in Gautier will close for good in mid-October. The store has 72 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'