Kmart to close two Coast stores in November
Published: August 1,2013
WAVELAND and GULFPORT — Kmart has announced that it will be closing stores in Waveland and Gulfport in south Mississippi.
The closings are scheduled for mid-November.
The closings mean the only remaining Kmart location in South Mississippi will be on U.S. Highway 49 in Gulfport. Company officials specifically say that location will remain open.
The Gulfport location has 52 employees while there are 32 workers at the Waveland store.
Last month, Sears Holding Corp., the owner of Kmart, announced the Sears and Sears Auto Center in Gautier will close for good in mid-October. The store has 72 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags