Three counties form economic development partnership
Published: August 1,2013
WINONA — Three north Mississippi counties have joined forces in what leaders are calling “The Partnership.”
WTVA TV reports county supervisors from Choctaw, Montgomery, and Webster met in Winona yesterday to sign a deal that will bind the three into a regional economic organization.
Leaders are hoping the partnership will have the kind of economic success that north Mississippi has seen lately.
Officials say a similar alliance with Pontotoc, Union, and Lee Counties landed Toyota in Blue Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss