Three counties form economic development partnership
Published: August 1,2013
WINONA — Three north Mississippi counties have joined forces in what leaders are calling “The Partnership.”
WTVA TV reports county supervisors from Choctaw, Montgomery, and Webster met in Winona yesterday to sign a deal that will bind the three into a regional economic organization.
Leaders are hoping the partnership will have the kind of economic success that north Mississippi has seen lately.
Officials say a similar alliance with Pontotoc, Union, and Lee Counties landed Toyota in Blue Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force