Accountancy society recognizes Patricia Munn
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Patricia Munn, an instructor in the School of Accountancy at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been named the 2013 Outstanding Educator by the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA). Munn was recognized during the business meeting portion of the organization’s annual convention in Destin, Fla., and represents the eighth instructor from Southern Miss to be honored by the MSCPA since the award began in 1988.
Munn has served as an instructor of accounting at Southern Miss since 1986. She taught accounting at Jones County Junior College from 1985-86. She also served as an instructor in the English Language Institute at Southern Miss from 1978 to 1983. She received her bachelor of arts degree in Spanish and English from Mississippi College in 1967 and her master’s degree in Spanish education from the University of South Carolina, Columbus, in 1976. Munn obtained her master of public accounting degree from Southern Miss in 1986. She passed the CPA exam on the first sitting in May of 1985 and earned the Silver Medal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public