Accountancy society recognizes Patricia Munn
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Patricia Munn, an instructor in the School of Accountancy at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been named the 2013 Outstanding Educator by the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA). Munn was recognized during the business meeting portion of the organization’s annual convention in Destin, Fla., and represents the eighth instructor from Southern Miss to be honored by the MSCPA since the award began in 1988.
Munn has served as an instructor of accounting at Southern Miss since 1986. She taught accounting at Jones County Junior College from 1985-86. She also served as an instructor in the English Language Institute at Southern Miss from 1978 to 1983. She received her bachelor of arts degree in Spanish and English from Mississippi College in 1967 and her master’s degree in Spanish education from the University of South Carolina, Columbus, in 1976. Munn obtained her master of public accounting degree from Southern Miss in 1986. She passed the CPA exam on the first sitting in May of 1985 and earned the Silver Medal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation