Delta State’s Jan Haynes takes apparel design award
Delta State University faculty member Dr. Jan Haynes recently won Best of Show in the Juried Apparel Design Competition at the 104th Annual Conference and Expo of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences in Houston, Texas. Haynes is chair of the Division of Family of Consumer Sciences and professor of fashion merchandising in the College of Education and Human Sciences (COEHS).
Haynes’ garment, made from upholstery samples, was showcased for more than 700 family and consumer sciences and allied professionals attending the conference. Haynes’ recognition is a reflection of her work in the classroom and for the COEHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line