Delta State’s Jan Haynes takes apparel design award
Delta State University faculty member Dr. Jan Haynes recently won Best of Show in the Juried Apparel Design Competition at the 104th Annual Conference and Expo of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences in Houston, Texas. Haynes is chair of the Division of Family of Consumer Sciences and professor of fashion merchandising in the College of Education and Human Sciences (COEHS).
Haynes’ garment, made from upholstery samples, was showcased for more than 700 family and consumer sciences and allied professionals attending the conference. Haynes’ recognition is a reflection of her work in the classroom and for the COEHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams