Delta State’s Jan Haynes takes apparel design award
Delta State University faculty member Dr. Jan Haynes recently won Best of Show in the Juried Apparel Design Competition at the 104th Annual Conference and Expo of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences in Houston, Texas. Haynes is chair of the Division of Family of Consumer Sciences and professor of fashion merchandising in the College of Education and Human Sciences (COEHS).
Haynes’ garment, made from upholstery samples, was showcased for more than 700 family and consumer sciences and allied professionals attending the conference. Haynes’ recognition is a reflection of her work in the classroom and for the COEHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!