Delta State’s Jan Haynes takes apparel design award
Delta State University faculty member Dr. Jan Haynes recently won Best of Show in the Juried Apparel Design Competition at the 104th Annual Conference and Expo of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences in Houston, Texas. Haynes is chair of the Division of Family of Consumer Sciences and professor of fashion merchandising in the College of Education and Human Sciences (COEHS).
Haynes’ garment, made from upholstery samples, was showcased for more than 700 family and consumer sciences and allied professionals attending the conference. Haynes’ recognition is a reflection of her work in the classroom and for the COEHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals