Delta State’s Jan Haynes takes apparel design award
Delta State University faculty member Dr. Jan Haynes recently won Best of Show in the Juried Apparel Design Competition at the 104th Annual Conference and Expo of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences in Houston, Texas. Haynes is chair of the Division of Family of Consumer Sciences and professor of fashion merchandising in the College of Education and Human Sciences (COEHS).
Haynes’ garment, made from upholstery samples, was showcased for more than 700 family and consumer sciences and allied professionals attending the conference. Haynes’ recognition is a reflection of her work in the classroom and for the COEHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones