Fraternity recognizes Alcorn president Christopher Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II is the recipient of the 2013 Image Award for Education from Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. In 2012, Brown was instrumental in welcoming nearly 60 children from surrounding communities to Alcorn’s inaugural Children Defense Fund (CDF) Freedom School. Now in its second year, the program continues to benefit kids from nearby communities. Brown has received numerous awards and recognitions for his scholarly works, leadership and service. Recently, he was named HBCU Male President of the Year by the Center for HBCU Advocacy. Brown has also presented research on six continents and is the author/editor of 19 books and monographs. Brown attained his B.S. in elementary education from South Carolina State University and his M.S.Ed. in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. He earned a Ph.D. in higher education from Pennsylvania State University with a cognate in public administration and political science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful