Fraternity recognizes Alcorn president Christopher Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II is the recipient of the 2013 Image Award for Education from Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. In 2012, Brown was instrumental in welcoming nearly 60 children from surrounding communities to Alcorn’s inaugural Children Defense Fund (CDF) Freedom School. Now in its second year, the program continues to benefit kids from nearby communities. Brown has received numerous awards and recognitions for his scholarly works, leadership and service. Recently, he was named HBCU Male President of the Year by the Center for HBCU Advocacy. Brown has also presented research on six continents and is the author/editor of 19 books and monographs. Brown attained his B.S. in elementary education from South Carolina State University and his M.S.Ed. in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. He earned a Ph.D. in higher education from Pennsylvania State University with a cognate in public administration and political science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form