Fraternity recognizes Alcorn president Christopher Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II is the recipient of the 2013 Image Award for Education from Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. In 2012, Brown was instrumental in welcoming nearly 60 children from surrounding communities to Alcorn’s inaugural Children Defense Fund (CDF) Freedom School. Now in its second year, the program continues to benefit kids from nearby communities. Brown has received numerous awards and recognitions for his scholarly works, leadership and service. Recently, he was named HBCU Male President of the Year by the Center for HBCU Advocacy. Brown has also presented research on six continents and is the author/editor of 19 books and monographs. Brown attained his B.S. in elementary education from South Carolina State University and his M.S.Ed. in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. He earned a Ph.D. in higher education from Pennsylvania State University with a cognate in public administration and political science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager