Fraternity recognizes Alcorn president Christopher Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II is the recipient of the 2013 Image Award for Education from Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. In 2012, Brown was instrumental in welcoming nearly 60 children from surrounding communities to Alcorn’s inaugural Children Defense Fund (CDF) Freedom School. Now in its second year, the program continues to benefit kids from nearby communities. Brown has received numerous awards and recognitions for his scholarly works, leadership and service. Recently, he was named HBCU Male President of the Year by the Center for HBCU Advocacy. Brown has also presented research on six continents and is the author/editor of 19 books and monographs. Brown attained his B.S. in elementary education from South Carolina State University and his M.S.Ed. in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. He earned a Ph.D. in higher education from Pennsylvania State University with a cognate in public administration and political science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public