Fraternity recognizes Alcorn president Christopher Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Alcorn State University president M. Christopher Brown II is the recipient of the 2013 Image Award for Education from Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. In 2012, Brown was instrumental in welcoming nearly 60 children from surrounding communities to Alcorn’s inaugural Children Defense Fund (CDF) Freedom School. Now in its second year, the program continues to benefit kids from nearby communities. Brown has received numerous awards and recognitions for his scholarly works, leadership and service. Recently, he was named HBCU Male President of the Year by the Center for HBCU Advocacy. Brown has also presented research on six continents and is the author/editor of 19 books and monographs. Brown attained his B.S. in elementary education from South Carolina State University and his M.S.Ed. in educational policy and evaluation from the University of Kentucky. He earned a Ph.D. in higher education from Pennsylvania State University with a cognate in public administration and political science.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center