Gemma Beckley appointed to social work commission
Dr. Gemma D. Beckley, professor of Social Work and Chair of the Rust College Social Work program, has been appointed to the Commission of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) in Washington, D.C. In 2000, Beckley led the Rust College faculty in gaining full accreditation of the Rust College Social Work program. Prior to returning to Rust College in 1991, she was director of the master’s program in social work at Grambling State University in Louisiana, program director with the Children’s Defense Fund in Washington, D.C., social work faculty member at the University of Mississippi, University of Tennessee and Wiley College. During the 2005-2007 academic years, Beckley served as visiting professor at Fordham University in New York in the School of Public Service.
Beckley holds degrees from Dillard University in New Orleans, Atlanta University in Atlanta, a master’s of social work and the doctorate of social work from Columbia University in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House