Gemma Beckley appointed to social work commission
Dr. Gemma D. Beckley, professor of Social Work and Chair of the Rust College Social Work program, has been appointed to the Commission of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) in Washington, D.C. In 2000, Beckley led the Rust College faculty in gaining full accreditation of the Rust College Social Work program. Prior to returning to Rust College in 1991, she was director of the master’s program in social work at Grambling State University in Louisiana, program director with the Children’s Defense Fund in Washington, D.C., social work faculty member at the University of Mississippi, University of Tennessee and Wiley College. During the 2005-2007 academic years, Beckley served as visiting professor at Fordham University in New York in the School of Public Service.
Beckley holds degrees from Dillard University in New Orleans, Atlanta University in Atlanta, a master’s of social work and the doctorate of social work from Columbia University in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015