Gemma Beckley appointed to social work commission
Dr. Gemma D. Beckley, professor of Social Work and Chair of the Rust College Social Work program, has been appointed to the Commission of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) in Washington, D.C. In 2000, Beckley led the Rust College faculty in gaining full accreditation of the Rust College Social Work program. Prior to returning to Rust College in 1991, she was director of the master’s program in social work at Grambling State University in Louisiana, program director with the Children’s Defense Fund in Washington, D.C., social work faculty member at the University of Mississippi, University of Tennessee and Wiley College. During the 2005-2007 academic years, Beckley served as visiting professor at Fordham University in New York in the School of Public Service.
Beckley holds degrees from Dillard University in New Orleans, Atlanta University in Atlanta, a master’s of social work and the doctorate of social work from Columbia University in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing