Gemma Beckley appointed to social work commission
Dr. Gemma D. Beckley, professor of Social Work and Chair of the Rust College Social Work program, has been appointed to the Commission of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) in Washington, D.C. In 2000, Beckley led the Rust College faculty in gaining full accreditation of the Rust College Social Work program. Prior to returning to Rust College in 1991, she was director of the master’s program in social work at Grambling State University in Louisiana, program director with the Children’s Defense Fund in Washington, D.C., social work faculty member at the University of Mississippi, University of Tennessee and Wiley College. During the 2005-2007 academic years, Beckley served as visiting professor at Fordham University in New York in the School of Public Service.
Beckley holds degrees from Dillard University in New Orleans, Atlanta University in Atlanta, a master’s of social work and the doctorate of social work from Columbia University in New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino