Ian Munn made MSU associate dean
Ian Munn, a forest resource economist and professor at Mississippi State University, is the new associate dean in the College of Forest Resources. Munn has a distinguished career at MSU and has served as a forestry professor for more than 20 years. His course on professional practices is considered the capstone class of the forestry curriculum. Over time he has transformed the course to enable students to work directly with landowners to develop management plans for their properties.
Munn’s research interest includes natural resource economics. He currently serves in an elected position on the Society of American Foresters╒ national Council representing members in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. In 2008, Munn was named a fellow in the Society of American Foresters.
Munn is a native of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. He holds a bachelor’s degree from University of North Carolina, master’s degrees from Syracuse and Louisiana Tech universities, and a doctorate from North Carolina State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month
- Navy supercomputing power to grow