Ian Munn made MSU associate dean
Ian Munn, a forest resource economist and professor at Mississippi State University, is the new associate dean in the College of Forest Resources. Munn has a distinguished career at MSU and has served as a forestry professor for more than 20 years. His course on professional practices is considered the capstone class of the forestry curriculum. Over time he has transformed the course to enable students to work directly with landowners to develop management plans for their properties.
Munn’s research interest includes natural resource economics. He currently serves in an elected position on the Society of American Foresters╒ national Council representing members in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. In 2008, Munn was named a fellow in the Society of American Foresters.
Munn is a native of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. He holds a bachelor’s degree from University of North Carolina, master’s degrees from Syracuse and Louisiana Tech universities, and a doctorate from North Carolina State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today