Ian Munn made MSU associate dean
Ian Munn, a forest resource economist and professor at Mississippi State University, is the new associate dean in the College of Forest Resources. Munn has a distinguished career at MSU and has served as a forestry professor for more than 20 years. His course on professional practices is considered the capstone class of the forestry curriculum. Over time he has transformed the course to enable students to work directly with landowners to develop management plans for their properties.
Munn’s research interest includes natural resource economics. He currently serves in an elected position on the Society of American Foresters╒ national Council representing members in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. In 2008, Munn was named a fellow in the Society of American Foresters.
Munn is a native of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. He holds a bachelor’s degree from University of North Carolina, master’s degrees from Syracuse and Louisiana Tech universities, and a doctorate from North Carolina State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi