Ian Munn made MSU associate dean
Ian Munn, a forest resource economist and professor at Mississippi State University, is the new associate dean in the College of Forest Resources. Munn has a distinguished career at MSU and has served as a forestry professor for more than 20 years. His course on professional practices is considered the capstone class of the forestry curriculum. Over time he has transformed the course to enable students to work directly with landowners to develop management plans for their properties.
Munn’s research interest includes natural resource economics. He currently serves in an elected position on the Society of American Foresters╒ national Council representing members in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. In 2008, Munn was named a fellow in the Society of American Foresters.
Munn is a native of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. He holds a bachelor’s degree from University of North Carolina, master’s degrees from Syracuse and Louisiana Tech universities, and a doctorate from North Carolina State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium