Michael Patterson earns orthopaedic recertification
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Dr. Michael Patterson of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A. was recently recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS). Patterson, board certified fellowship trained spine surgeon, completed his fellowship in spinal surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. He completed training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Kansas. During his residency in orthopedic surgery, Patterson received further advanced training in reconstructive spinal deformity surgery at the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in St. Louis. Many of the more than seven hundred cases that Patterson performed during his spine fellowship involved cutting edge technology and innovative, minimally invasive techniques such as artificial disc replacement.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Mississippi Orthopaedic Society, North American Spine Society and The Spine Arthroplasty Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion