Michael Patterson earns orthopaedic recertification
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Dr. Michael Patterson of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A. was recently recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS). Patterson, board certified fellowship trained spine surgeon, completed his fellowship in spinal surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. He completed training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Kansas. During his residency in orthopedic surgery, Patterson received further advanced training in reconstructive spinal deformity surgery at the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in St. Louis. Many of the more than seven hundred cases that Patterson performed during his spine fellowship involved cutting edge technology and innovative, minimally invasive techniques such as artificial disc replacement.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Mississippi Orthopaedic Society, North American Spine Society and The Spine Arthroplasty Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete