Michael Patterson earns orthopaedic recertification
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Dr. Michael Patterson of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A. was recently recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS). Patterson, board certified fellowship trained spine surgeon, completed his fellowship in spinal surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. He completed training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Kansas. During his residency in orthopedic surgery, Patterson received further advanced training in reconstructive spinal deformity surgery at the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in St. Louis. Many of the more than seven hundred cases that Patterson performed during his spine fellowship involved cutting edge technology and innovative, minimally invasive techniques such as artificial disc replacement.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Mississippi Orthopaedic Society, North American Spine Society and The Spine Arthroplasty Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal