Michael Patterson earns orthopaedic recertification
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Dr. Michael Patterson of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A. was recently recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS). Patterson, board certified fellowship trained spine surgeon, completed his fellowship in spinal surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. He completed training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Kansas. During his residency in orthopedic surgery, Patterson received further advanced training in reconstructive spinal deformity surgery at the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in St. Louis. Many of the more than seven hundred cases that Patterson performed during his spine fellowship involved cutting edge technology and innovative, minimally invasive techniques such as artificial disc replacement.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Mississippi Orthopaedic Society, North American Spine Society and The Spine Arthroplasty Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release