Michael Patterson earns orthopaedic recertification
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 2,2013
Dr. Michael Patterson of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A. was recently recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS). Patterson, board certified fellowship trained spine surgeon, completed his fellowship in spinal surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. He completed training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Kansas. During his residency in orthopedic surgery, Patterson received further advanced training in reconstructive spinal deformity surgery at the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in St. Louis. Many of the more than seven hundred cases that Patterson performed during his spine fellowship involved cutting edge technology and innovative, minimally invasive techniques such as artificial disc replacement.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Mississippi Orthopaedic Society, North American Spine Society and The Spine Arthroplasty Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image