Pascagoula education center dedicated to Sara Magham
The Pascagoula School District has dedicated the Center for Teaching and Learning to longtime educator Sara Maghan. Maghan began the Center for Teaching and Learning 15 years ago to help teachers improve their elementary and secondary classrooms through curriculum training and classroom management. She began working at Pascagoula Junior High School as a math and world history teacher in 1963. She then moved on to become a biology and math teacher at Pascagoula High School, before eventually becoming principal. In 1988, Maghan became assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction for 18 years. She worked for the school district for 43 year before retiring in 2006. Maghan works for the Mississippi Department of Education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter