Pascagoula education center dedicated to Sara Magham
The Pascagoula School District has dedicated the Center for Teaching and Learning to longtime educator Sara Maghan. Maghan began the Center for Teaching and Learning 15 years ago to help teachers improve their elementary and secondary classrooms through curriculum training and classroom management. She began working at Pascagoula Junior High School as a math and world history teacher in 1963. She then moved on to become a biology and math teacher at Pascagoula High School, before eventually becoming principal. In 1988, Maghan became assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction for 18 years. She worked for the school district for 43 year before retiring in 2006. Maghan works for the Mississippi Department of Education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release