Pascagoula education center dedicated to Sara Magham
The Pascagoula School District has dedicated the Center for Teaching and Learning to longtime educator Sara Maghan. Maghan began the Center for Teaching and Learning 15 years ago to help teachers improve their elementary and secondary classrooms through curriculum training and classroom management. She began working at Pascagoula Junior High School as a math and world history teacher in 1963. She then moved on to become a biology and math teacher at Pascagoula High School, before eventually becoming principal. In 1988, Maghan became assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction for 18 years. She worked for the school district for 43 year before retiring in 2006. Maghan works for the Mississippi Department of Education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending