Pascagoula education center dedicated to Sara Magham
The Pascagoula School District has dedicated the Center for Teaching and Learning to longtime educator Sara Maghan. Maghan began the Center for Teaching and Learning 15 years ago to help teachers improve their elementary and secondary classrooms through curriculum training and classroom management. She began working at Pascagoula Junior High School as a math and world history teacher in 1963. She then moved on to become a biology and math teacher at Pascagoula High School, before eventually becoming principal. In 1988, Maghan became assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction for 18 years. She worked for the school district for 43 year before retiring in 2006. Maghan works for the Mississippi Department of Education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that