Pascagoula education center dedicated to Sara Magham
The Pascagoula School District has dedicated the Center for Teaching and Learning to longtime educator Sara Maghan. Maghan began the Center for Teaching and Learning 15 years ago to help teachers improve their elementary and secondary classrooms through curriculum training and classroom management. She began working at Pascagoula Junior High School as a math and world history teacher in 1963. She then moved on to become a biology and math teacher at Pascagoula High School, before eventually becoming principal. In 1988, Maghan became assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction for 18 years. She worked for the school district for 43 year before retiring in 2006. Maghan works for the Mississippi Department of Education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy