Tom Pearson returning to state arts commission
Hattiesburg native Tom Pearson will return to Mississippi to head the state arts agency after a quarter-century in arts education and leadership in Florida. He starts Aug. 1. The Clarion-Ledger reports the 58-year-old Pearson has been named the executive director of the Mississippi Arts Commission following a six-month search that netted 174 applicants nationwide.
Pearson’s most recent position is arts education administrator for the school district of Palm Beach County, serving arts teachers and students at 187 schools.
The top arts spot has been vacant since Malcolm White left to become Mississippi Development Authority’s tourism director in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today