Tom Pearson returning to state arts commission
Hattiesburg native Tom Pearson will return to Mississippi to head the state arts agency after a quarter-century in arts education and leadership in Florida. He starts Aug. 1. The Clarion-Ledger reports the 58-year-old Pearson has been named the executive director of the Mississippi Arts Commission following a six-month search that netted 174 applicants nationwide.
Pearson’s most recent position is arts education administrator for the school district of Palm Beach County, serving arts teachers and students at 187 schools.
The top arts spot has been vacant since Malcolm White left to become Mississippi Development Authority’s tourism director in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill