Tom Pearson returning to state arts commission
Hattiesburg native Tom Pearson will return to Mississippi to head the state arts agency after a quarter-century in arts education and leadership in Florida. He starts Aug. 1. The Clarion-Ledger reports the 58-year-old Pearson has been named the executive director of the Mississippi Arts Commission following a six-month search that netted 174 applicants nationwide.
Pearson’s most recent position is arts education administrator for the school district of Palm Beach County, serving arts teachers and students at 187 schools.
The top arts spot has been vacant since Malcolm White left to become Mississippi Development Authority’s tourism director in January.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so