Coast home prices reach three-year high
Published: August 5,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi in June reached its highest level in three years, a sign that the Coast real estate market is following the national trend upward.
According to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service, homes and condos sold on average for $134,721 in June. That was up $8,000 from May and almost $11,000 from a year ago. The last time
South Mississippi saw that price in July 2010.
Kathy Elias, a real estate agent with Coldwell Banker Alfonso Realty in Gulfport, tells The Sun Herald people who bought a condominium in South Mississippi for $650,000 after Hurricane Katrina can’t sell it today for $200,000, and only a few lenders will finance a condo purchase.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal