Coast home prices reach three-year high
by Associated Press
Published: August 5,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi in June reached its highest level in three years, a sign that the Coast real estate market is following the national trend upward.
According to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service, homes and condos sold on average for $134,721 in June. That was up $8,000 from May and almost $11,000 from a year ago. The last time
South Mississippi saw that price in July 2010.
Kathy Elias, a real estate agent with Coldwell Banker Alfonso Realty in Gulfport, tells The Sun Herald people who bought a condominium in South Mississippi for $650,000 after Hurricane Katrina can’t sell it today for $200,000, and only a few lenders will finance a condo purchase.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy