Coast home prices reach three-year high
by Associated Press
Published: August 5,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The average sales price of a home in South Mississippi in June reached its highest level in three years, a sign that the Coast real estate market is following the national trend upward.
According to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service, homes and condos sold on average for $134,721 in June. That was up $8,000 from May and almost $11,000 from a year ago. The last time
South Mississippi saw that price in July 2010.
Kathy Elias, a real estate agent with Coldwell Banker Alfonso Realty in Gulfport, tells The Sun Herald people who bought a condominium in South Mississippi for $650,000 after Hurricane Katrina can’t sell it today for $200,000, and only a few lenders will finance a condo purchase.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey