Coast hospital begins major renovation project
Published: August 5,2013
PASCAGOULA — Singing River Health Systems is undergoing renovations at both its Pascagoula and Ocean Springs hospitals.
The Sun Herald reports Ocean Springs Hospital’s $17-million renovations include a three-floor tower expansion on the northwest portion of its campus. The first floor will house the expansion of the pre- and post-surgical area and the congestive heart failure clinic. The second floor will contain 20 additional patient rooms. The third floor will be left open for future expansion.
In Pascagoula, Singing River Hospital is undergoing similar renovations. The first three floors on the eastern side of the front tower have been gutted to update the rooms.
The first floor will contain 15 oncology rooms, the second floor will house 16 medical and surgical rooms, and the third floor will hold 16 rooms geared toward women’s health.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.