Enerfab unveils plans for yet another expansion
Published: August 7,2013
Tags: Chandler Russ, city government, economic development, employee, employer, employment, Enerfab Inc., Enersteel, expansion, Gov. Phil Bryant, incentive, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, municipal, municipality, Natchez Inc., state government, steel, steel processing, tax abatement, work, worker
NATCHEZ — Enerfab Inc. plans a second expansion in less than a year at its Enersteel operation in Natchez.
The $10-million investment, announced yesterday, is projected to create at least 45 jobs, raising the company’s employment total above 150.
That comes on top of an $11-million, 20-job expansion announced in May. The company opened its Natchez location in the second half of 2011.
Enersteel makes steel-plate products including storage tanks and pressure vessels for industrial processes and ductwork for the power generation industry.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided $150,000 in May for site work and will provide $150,000 for this expansion to relocate equipment, spokeswoman Tammy Craft said.
Local officials have granted a series of tax abatements on property and equipment that are projected to be worth $1.7 million over 10 years, said Chandler Russ, the executive director of the Natchez Inc. economic development agency.
The new investment will add 18,000 square feet to the company’s plant, increasing its workspace by a quarter. The expansion is supposed to be complete by October.
“This latest expansion and the creation of these jobs will benefit the local community and the residents of southwest Mississippi,” Gov. Phil Bryant said in a statement. “I thank Enersteel for being a great business partner to the state and wish the company continued success in Natchez.”
Enerfab, based in Cincinnati, makes pipes and tanks and equipment for a variety of industries. It also provides engineering, industrial maintenance and electrical services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters