I-69 draft plan done; consultant to meet with supervisors, commissioners
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2013
Tags: board of supervisors, commissioner, consultant, county, county government, DeSoto County, draft plan, infrastructure, interstate, McBride Dale Clarion, planning commission, supervisor, Ted Garrod, transportation, travel
HERNANDO — Planning officials in DeSoto County say a draft plan for development of the future Interstate 69 international trade corridor has been completed.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal that the plan, almost three years in the making, is designed to guide development along the traffic corridor through the county.
Project consultants with the Cincinnati-based firm McBride Dale Clarion will oversee discussion of the proposal at a public meeting with county supervisors and the planning commission.
No date has been set for the presentation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data