I-69 draft plan done; consultant to meet with supervisors, commissioners
Published: August 7,2013
Tags: board of supervisors, commissioner, consultant, county, county government, DeSoto County, draft plan, infrastructure, interstate, McBride Dale Clarion, planning commission, supervisor, Ted Garrod, transportation, travel
HERNANDO — Planning officials in DeSoto County say a draft plan for development of the future Interstate 69 international trade corridor has been completed.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal that the plan, almost three years in the making, is designed to guide development along the traffic corridor through the county.
Project consultants with the Cincinnati-based firm McBride Dale Clarion will oversee discussion of the proposal at a public meeting with county supervisors and the planning commission.
No date has been set for the presentation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot