I-69 draft plan done; consultant to meet with supervisors, commissioners
Published: August 7,2013
Tags: board of supervisors, commissioner, consultant, county, county government, DeSoto County, draft plan, infrastructure, interstate, McBride Dale Clarion, planning commission, supervisor, Ted Garrod, transportation, travel
HERNANDO — Planning officials in DeSoto County say a draft plan for development of the future Interstate 69 international trade corridor has been completed.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal that the plan, almost three years in the making, is designed to guide development along the traffic corridor through the county.
Project consultants with the Cincinnati-based firm McBride Dale Clarion will oversee discussion of the proposal at a public meeting with county supervisors and the planning commission.
No date has been set for the presentation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history