I-69 draft plan done; consultant to meet with supervisors, commissioners
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2013
Tags: board of supervisors, commissioner, consultant, county, county government, DeSoto County, draft plan, infrastructure, interstate, McBride Dale Clarion, planning commission, supervisor, Ted Garrod, transportation, travel
HERNANDO — Planning officials in DeSoto County say a draft plan for development of the future Interstate 69 international trade corridor has been completed.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal that the plan, almost three years in the making, is designed to guide development along the traffic corridor through the county.
Project consultants with the Cincinnati-based firm McBride Dale Clarion will oversee discussion of the proposal at a public meeting with county supervisors and the planning commission.
No date has been set for the presentation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger