I-69 draft plan done; consultant to meet with supervisors, commissioners
Published: August 7,2013
Tags: board of supervisors, commissioner, consultant, county, county government, DeSoto County, draft plan, infrastructure, interstate, McBride Dale Clarion, planning commission, supervisor, Ted Garrod, transportation, travel
HERNANDO — Planning officials in DeSoto County say a draft plan for development of the future Interstate 69 international trade corridor has been completed.
Planning director Ted Garrod tells The Commercial Appeal that the plan, almost three years in the making, is designed to guide development along the traffic corridor through the county.
Project consultants with the Cincinnati-based firm McBride Dale Clarion will oversee discussion of the proposal at a public meeting with county supervisors and the planning commission.
No date has been set for the presentation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk